When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell... 3/27/22

-
I picked up some great bikes in the past few weeks..
This Roadmaster was a bike that some of us were told "wasn't for sale" anymore at an antique store near me about 6 months ago..
Well,I few weeks ago I decided to give them another call and talked to them about it and wanted to think aboutit, and called me back the next day.. they were really nice people and were just overwhelmed with the interest..
I am thrilled to get it.. it was originally blue and white,but I don't think there's much chance in saving it..
1648396275214.png

1648396287402.png

1648396299209.png

Ok, time to expand your horizons. I haven't seen any farm toys so here are a couple and an Ertl diecast truck I purchased yesterday. First is an early 50s massey harris 44 made by Reuhl, a small company that made only this model and a few attachments for it plus several models of combines. Unfortunately the muffler and air cleaner are broke off but the rest is nice and a hard tractor to find in good condition. Second is an Ertl international harvester 856 made in 1968. Both tractors are diecast metal. The IH loadstar dump truck is super nice, made in the 70s? Hope you like em!

441.JPG

442.JPG

443.JPG

8561.JPG

8562.JPG

l1.JPG

l2.JPG

l3.JPG

Picked up this decent 1954 Hornet late Sunday. Guy I bought it from found it in 1974 in NYC..hanging upside down in a garage of an abandoned house he was looking to buy. Said it was super high up at the peak. Real estate agent told him the clean-out people couldn’t reach it. So he backed his truck into the garage and stood on the roof to reach it. He didn’t buy the house but grabbed the bike for $30 bucks! He was sad to let it go after all the years but was downsizing and said it needed a home. He threw in a ladies Hornet.

View attachment 1595773

View attachment 1595783
Unreal!!! What a neat story too!! Congrats!!

Well, the postings from Cabers never disappoints. A mixed bag of coolness and scoresville!!

I got a couple of Western Flyer X-53 fender lights ( one complete 2 tone blue and the chrome top for the other) from a couple of new Caber buddies. The bikes ( a 2 tone Blue ladies, a red and chrome boys) will be shipped soon to reunite with the lights. I had the lights pre-shipped so they don't get lost or damaged packed with the bikes coming soon.

The cast tops are like sandbag heavy! I fiddled around with my JC Higgins Colorflow batwing to adjust the level it sits ( actually tweaked the bracket on fender) but will keep it inside until the weather gets warmer. Speaking of sand bag heavy...with 4 batteries these Bat things are boat anchors! I knew that, had another one a colorflow before. I love them. Anyone has a spare original, let me know please.

I got a couple of Corvette tin cars from Ebay. Another very clean 10"- '68 Taiyo Japan battery op bump and go in a pleasant black and orange two tone with the box ( green and white image) and a really cool 8"- 1962 Bandai blue and white corvette. It was filthy and all the chrome was rusted. A dremel and wire brush cleaned that up, then soap, water, Turltle wax and windex/Q tips and it looks swell!! Nice interior details for a small car.

Also a large 14 1/2 " Cragstan/Tomiyama # 3 Firebird race car. I have another ( this one is #5) 7 inch open wheel Yonezawa/Tomy Japan ( an older repro from 2000) #75 coming from Ebay, but paired my #5 up with the HUGE vintage 1950's 18" Champion racer ( ok, I have 2 of those as well...lol..) for a picture. I got a nice 14 inch 1958 Buick ATC Japan tin car from a seller I've dealt with before, but I quickly noticed it's a repaint. We are trying to work it out. Trim is weathered, body and base are almost pristine ( a so/so repaint..but..) so it's a no brainer to me. Lots of other red flags, but I won't ramble.

IMG_4908.JPG

IMG_4909.JPG

IMG_4910.JPG

IMG_4912.JPG

IMG_4913.JPG

IMG_4914.JPG

IMG_4915.JPG

IMG_4916.JPG

IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

IMG_4919.JPG

IMG_4920.JPG