When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your KLUNKER 5, SPITFIRE 5 or CRUISER 5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
HERE'S MINE! bad picture, there is some sort of motor on it as well. picked it up Sunday and haven't had time to mess with it. it is mostly just dirty and should clean up, has one rotten Schwinn studded balloon tire and one that may be good.

View attachment 1597433
I have a pair of studded Schwinn script wide whites i could part with if you need some... RideOnn... Razin..

Last edited:
Looking at all these 5's I decided to brake out my 79 Spitfire, found this for a friend a few yrs ago out of AZ but I ended up with it a couple yrs later and has a shop sticker from Whitter Ca. another close shop I frequented in my 20's, today rode over to another old LBS that use to be a Schwinn shop, closed a few months ago ( owner passed away ), luckily was bought and opened under the same name. another shop I've went to sense I was a kid, every city around me had their own Schwinn shop so we made our rounds on our StingRays😎View attachment 1597481

View attachment 1597482

View attachment 1597479

View attachment 1597480View attachment 1597548
Does anyone know or have an idea of where to go to get some shop stickers made like style used on Whittier shop decal. If it’s out of Los Angeles county I’ll take an online shop.
Thanks

I’ve had decals made for a rare 26” bmx bike if you have the design most vinyl wrap shops could make them cost will be the problem
Yea I’ll try that option next, i had some made a while back from online site and the white was semi transparent so put on over a dark color the white print turned grey.

So I’ve see both S2’s and square Murray style rims on a 83?

I believe that may be true. The S-2 rims were most likely early 83, and the CMC rims were the later 83? The 83 I have is the early model with the S-2 rims, the .080 spokes, and the Normandy hub front, and Shimano coaster in the rear.

Either way, I mistakenly stated 83, but the bike I have that needs the wheels is actually an 84, so I would prefer the CMC rims for this bike.

Last edited:
Do they say CMC because I had a pair that I thought were the same as Murry with a Schwinn approved 10 spd looking front hub & 1 spd freewheel rear?

Back