When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The drawing board- propeller ideas DIY

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@Livmojoe I assume the bearing is pressed into the back of the prop?

Does anyone know how, or ever taken one of Joe Bufardi's apart to see how he designed?

@49autocycledeluxe Funny, I bought some props from that guy at the last Good Guys swap a couple weeks back thinking I'd make my own. I ran into and met @Porkchop & Applesauce there an he had made these. I'm going for more of the Spirit of St Louis full radial engine look, but these gave me some inspiration.

View attachment 1602868View attachment 1602869
Good morning Caber’s!
I bought a bunch of props from the same guy at the swat meet. The photo’s livmojoe posted is the first one I made for my wife’s bike. It is a stack of washers with some stainless steel roller wheels on the top and bottom of the stack. I’ve since made a twin cylinder for Jesus’s early post war DX. Currently doing another twin for my 46. Just used a large square nut as the base. Drilled two sides and tapped them the same size as the through bolt on the stack of washers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good morning Caber’s!
I bought a bunch of props from the same guy at the swat meet. The photo’s livmojoe posted is the first one I made for my wife’s bike. It is a stack of washers with some stainless steel roller wheels on the top and bottom of the stack. I’ve since made a twin cylinder for Jesus’s early post war DX. Currently doing another twin for my 46. Just used a large square nut as the base. Drilled two sides and tapped them the same size as the through bolt on the stack of washers.

View attachment 1603370

View attachment 1603373

View attachment 1603391

View attachment 1603401
That looks super cool. Great work.

the cylinders in picture 1 looks like common rusted bolts that were cut to desired length.They look good. the prop could easily be made and cut out with a band saw from an old license p[ate then twisted to the right pitch.

Back