When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday show and tell 4/10/2022!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Haven’t been on the bike scene much… been focused on renovating my old house that the tenants left trashed… another story for another time!! I recently found out that I’m not an electrician… turned the breaker off( or so I thought) to the 220 dryer outlet to put new paneling in and…
6A4772BF-7111-4C3D-B18B-7FD7DA908960.jpeg

25435BCE-86D4-4DE0-8AB5-A366EABB3522.jpeg

Lucky for me… @New Mexico Brant and @Glenn Rhein did not get to inherit my collection!!!

Good news…
I scored this little guy
658FF612-3074-49D9-908A-BB4EF97D55D1.jpeg

I’m sorry to hear of the Ron Walter aka @buisky
passing, and of the raid on all of his stuff.
I’m sure, all he would’ve wanted was for the stuff to get back into circulation amongst those that appreciate what it all was.
Sometimes greed brings out the worst in people.
It sounds like this was the case this time around.
Wow, I'm a little slow at times and am now putting this story together about the late Ron with the various comments to this point. Unreal. Total disrespect and greed. Sometimes what goes around comes around. Karma. It's strange how some people can justify evil. I figure they will suffer their deeds in some form that will be appropriate. Living in a sociopath's skin is probably a good start.

Well it gets a little more movie script… The “friends” who were close to him, were originally old friends of his wife who has been gone a long time… They knew he had family, who was his wife’s family, but they did not choose to contact them… worse yet, the “friends” who he supposedly told to take care of his stuff when he was gone ( that’s their story, but no letters or anything to back it up), never claimed his remains in the morgue… That’s how his actual family found out, two weeks after he was gone and after his “friends” had already raided his house… By the time the family was able to go through court to get ahold of his estate, they showed up to an empty house, most of the collectibles gone, safe empty, all valuables gone, even his closet was empty of clothes minus his Army Service uniform… Just a sad deal all around… I’m sure stuff will pop up at some point..

His name was Ron Walter of Fort Wayne, In. His name here on the CABE was “buisky”. He was a friend to many, he collected all kinds of things, bicycles, tricycles, old toys, clocks, signs, neon signs, he had quite an extensive head badge collection… one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. He was hard of hearing, so you had to text with him…
Are some of these "friends" here on the Cabe? No names just wondered if they are reading all this and smiling or feeling like s h ! t. If they are members it seems like they are not going to state their case because they most likely have none.

Are some of these "friends" here on the Cabe? No names just wondered if they are reading all this and smiling or feeling like s h ! t. If they are members it seems like they are not going to state their case because they most likely have none.
That I am not sure of… I could probably find out some names, but I will leave that to the family if they so choose… If they are and are reading this stuff, I hope they do the right thing… Regardless of what anyone might have said or told them, all the family can go off of is what is in writing and on paper. Without a Will, it’s just a he said she said “well he told me I could have this when he was gone…”

I appreciate everyone here. I wanted to spread the word, in hopes that maybe some would or could learn from it. Take care of your loved ones, have a Will set in place to avoid this kind of thing… And while hard, as you start to realize that your days are coming closer to an end, start getting rid of the stuff before hand to avoid any of this… Don’t leave your life’s collection to your loved ones to deal with, that’s not fair to them.. Not preaching, but most of my friends are much older than I, I’m only 29, and I’m seeing more and more of this happening and it’s just heartbreaking…

In the end we all love this hobby, or our other many hobbies. We love the stuff, but it is all material stuff. It’s just stuff. At the end, none of it means anything… But we also don’t want it to just be scrapped by family that doesn’t care. We want to see it live on and move to people who will continue to be the caretakers.

Haven’t been on the bike scene much… been focused on renovating my old house that the tenants left trashed… another story for another time!! I recently found out that I’m not an electrician… turned the breaker off( or so I thought) to the 220 dryer outlet to put new paneling in and…
View attachment 1604727

View attachment 1604728

Lucky for me… @New Mexico Brant and @Glenn Rhein did not get to inherit my collection!!!

Good news…
I scored this little guy
View attachment 1604729
Glad you're alright Aaron, I've got a pair of pliers just like yours, cool tricycle buddy! Hope Stacy, yourself and the kids are doing good.

My view on the Ron story is, you take something that dosen't belong to you,can you say (FELONY). That's like the manager of that bank that died said I could have all that money so I just broke in and took it. Why did I do something wrong (FELONY). I don't know the people that did this but everyone who does should give them the stink-eye next time you see them.

My view on the Ron story is, you take something that dosen't belong to you,can you say (FELONY). That's like the manager of that bank that died said I could have all that money so I just broke in and took it. Why did I do something wrong (FELONY). I don't know the people that did this but everyone who does should give them the stink-eye next time you see them.
That’s the hard struggle for me at least.. I just wanna talk to Ron right now and see what his wishes were… Maybe he did tell these people that stuff, but the law doesn’t see it that way unfortunately if that was the case.

Back