When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cross-country road trip: Looking for places to ride my bike

-

Velocipedist Co.

I live for the CABE
I just hit the road for a cross country trip that should take me through Denver, Chicago, and on into Pennsylvania and Rhode Island. It will be mostly a work trip but I decided to bring an old Elgin along with me in case there were any interesting places to explore on pedals. I may or may not have time to actually do this as it really hinges on how quickly I can wrap up work.
If anyone has a suggestion or would like to meet up for a quick ride, please let me know! I will be in and around Denver this Thursday and Friday, and hoping to be in Chicago by Saturday or Sunday. Rhode Island Monday or Tuesday, then headed back home.
I’m looking forward to the adventure, thanks!

Presque Isle State Park in Erie, PA. has I think 16 mi. of paved and level bike trails with plenty of wildlife. It goes out the Peninsula and back. My wife rides it all the time (weather pending) This bike trail also contains roller blades, dog walkers, skate boarders and gramma and grandpa. It is very scenic. Plenty of parking lots to unload your bike. There is also 21 beaches and boat launches.Google it.

Steve, good Chicago trails, weather permitting of course, include
1. the Lakefront trail along Lake Michigan
2. the North Branch Trail that can take you to the Chicago Botanic Garden
3. the Tinley Trail near Oak Forest

Sorry I missed you guys Saturday

John

PS I remember some canal trails we rode in Ohio or Pennsylvania but can't remember specifics.

Steve, good Chicago trails, weather permitting of course, include
1. the Lakefront trail along Lake Michigan
2. the North Branch Trail that can take you to the Chicago Botanic Garden
3. the Tinley Trail near Oak Forest

Sorry I missed you guys Saturday

John

How you been John? It's been a while...

Presque Isle State Park in Erie, PA. has I think 16 mi. of paved and level bike trails with plenty of wildlife. It goes out the Peninsula and back. My wife rides it all the time (weather pending) This bike trail also contains roller blades, dog walkers, skate boarders and gramma and grandpa. It is very scenic. Plenty of parking lots to unload your bike. There is also 21 beaches and boat launches.Google it.

that’s excellent. Thank you!

Back