When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memory Lane and Ann Arbor aka Monroe Vendors: A Plea...

-

bashton

Finally riding a big boys bike
OK, so this may be a bit of a rant, but bear with me.

I am a serious collector with several hundred Muscle Bikes in my collection and am a cash buyer, always looking to expand my collection.

I ask that those selling bikes PLEASE put a price on them. Most like to negotiate, and that's fine, but I am finding that a vast majority of those who do not price their bikes do so because the prices are ridicules. Now as many of you know, I pay up for the bikes I want, often handing over the $ for the marked price if it is fair. I mean seriously, is it too hard to slap a piece of tape on the handlebars with a price? If it is anywhere near reasonable, many will step right up and snag it before the next guy does, or at the least, throw out an offer that can be accepted or rejected. I have gotten to the point where I often don't even bother asking, since most often these are priced way too high, which is proven by the fact that they are loaded up at the end of the day in the same vehicle they came in.

Just a simple request, which you can take or leave!

(Steps off soap box)

Bashton

I have been going to swaps etc for 55 plus years. Big swaps, little swaps. Bicycle, car, tractor, race car, snowmobile, motorcycle, gas station stuff and chip china and broken tea cups.. What I have learned is if the stuff is not priced unless it's really special, just keep walking not worth your time or effort.

What’s the big deal? If you see something you like,ask the price. You may be surprised.

You'd be surprised at the way some folks price things according to the way people look,dress, or act , I've seen it many times in my 30 years in the hobby..I know of many that won't even bother with something if not priced, didn't say I was that way ,lol if I want something bad enough and I have the cash ,there's nothing to stop me!

Rafael

Almost every spring swap has rain and I learned after the first time it was a waste to price due to the fact it washed off or blew away. I am by no means a jerk, if anything you'll buy something from me to get away because I won't quit talking, lol!

V/r
Sean

Back