When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“Pig Bikes”?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The ‘48 Spitfire that it will be going on originally has drop centers. I’d like to find nice chrome ones for it, but may have to use the originals and paint them. I wanna keep my red ‘52 ratty, but the ‘48 I want to be nice.
Yeah, I think that's what I started out with a 48 or 49 girls frame...but super rough paint...then while I was squeezing that 3" tire in I noticed it wanted to rub on the lower right...and the upper left. Turns out the frame had a weld repair at the dropout and wasn't quite square anymore. :-/

I've got a small group of these that have come through here (and stopped to stay awhile). I find them a lot of fun to mess with and the neighborhood kids love 'em.
'52 Juvenile
View attachment 1158230
'54 J36
View attachment 1158241
'58 Tornado
View attachment 1158242
'60 Tornado
View attachment 1158243
'61 American
View attachment 1158245
'62 Typhoon
View attachment 1158246
I look like a gorilla riding one of them, but the make me laugh!

REC
PS: There are two other ones here that have not yet made the full transition, and one of them may just end up pretty much as it currently is:
'49 Juvenile - The parts I have for this are trying to hide from me.... fear not, they will be found and this one will get its grip on new reality!
View attachment 1158359
'55 Wasp (two months older than me and prone to remain in similar condition as presently shown) Only been here for a couple of weeks....
View attachment 1158358
I know this is an older post, but I have to tell you. You have officially defeated the Krate at its own game.

I know this is an older post, but I have to tell you. You have officially defeated the Krate at its own game.
Man this post would be even more awesome if you could edit it to have the actual photo instead if the thumbnail attachments. I cannot back out of them and have to reopen The CABE every time I want to see the next photo.
The 2 I have seen so far are cool though!

The Hoosier swap helped me score this 1950 20” boys Schwinn! In all the excitement this is the only pic I got before digging in! Has original s2 painted wheel set and very nice original blue fenders… however! It’s a green and white paint scheme underneath the blue. Odd little hodge podge of parts and repaint.

The goal for this is a restoration pig project! Colors to be announced later. But until then that original paint green fork has been given a home on my 55 pig bike.
92E721F2-BE68-4D12-BA43-BF0C8C140E3C.jpeg

C00BF228-228B-41CD-A75C-A1CED9A12279.jpeg

9B006DDD-BA8E-4C79-B8A0-30270FA09AF0.jpeg

correct s2 front wheel now as well!! Happy with how far this has come. I got this bike as just a frame and chainring, no bearing cups or anything . All parts have been found and scavenged to make it look correct as possible.

Last edited:
Glad I found this thread, was debating what to do with this bike that's been in the family since the '60s. I have most of the original parts. It is a May 1961 Tornado, seems to be a one year only with this frame. I was going to paint it coppertone as I really like that color but after seeing all these great 'Pigs" I may just repaint it black, leave the chain guard original and go with a white polo seat and leave the '64 stingray bars on it we installed as kids. Or paint the frame coppertone and leave the fork and chain guard black. Maybe even keep the white S2 rims (or are they S7?) and put a slick on the back if they make it for those rims. It is a 24" version so I think it will still look pretty neat with the stingray look. Was wondering what it would take to put a smaller wheel on the front. If the back is 24" I could go to a 20" or 16" and still get that Krate look as well without going all the way down to a 12" - just thinking out loud - probaly need a diffrent fork then correct?. Thanks for the inspiration.

Back