When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old grouchy bike guy complaints

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
skirt guards on a mens bike unless the person is gender challenged.
But what about when you give a lot of girls rides on your bike and don't want their skirts twisted up into your wheels? Not only would this cause several minutes of hard, dirty work, but is is embarrassing to the girl who used to be wearing the skirt.
Also, the gender challenged remark is in poor taste and not becoming to a forum where some guests or members may be offended.

The people who see only the negatives, nitpick, complain, low-ball, and have stopped seeing the good in things. These folks are free to gripe, and the rest of us are free to keep walking. If you're not learning, fixing, riding, and generally having fun, why bother?
I agree.
I have complaints sometimes and it is my right to voice them.
It is also everyone elses right to ignore them and move on without making rude remarks about the person or the complaint.
We all want to be here, and everyone has bad days, hurts, problems and feelings. Respect them or move on.

When you post a funny meme in the "Lounge" section, and it gets removed... And you get band.

Untitled1.png

I object to people , here and other forums who believe with all their mind that they have the only god given right answer and everyone who disagrees with them must be wrong. It happens here more than it should.

I have only had problems with a couple members here over this, but when someone is wrong they should man up and move on.

Don't come on my thread knowing I have a problem with a situation and berate me rudely for the way I feel.
I started the thread.
I always ask and expect that their posts be at least as respectful and courteous as mine are.

The bar isn't that high on this one.

Instead these couple guys will argue even when they didn't even get the question right in the first place, then continue to try to make you look like you are the one that got it wrong. Or the member who berates you by saying "This is what happens when someone posts before they read the entire thread" when the thread was new and only had 3 or 4 posts. As well as those who think they have some message from whatever they call god that (your bike here) was never built and you are a liar or a con man for claiming it is authentic.
I have been both wrong and right (probably not at the same time but who knows?) all my life and when I am wrong I man up and take my knocks. I also state that I am not an expert, or if I do have hard proof I name it and provide reference material to back it up. It isn't just my word with no proof.

These guys resort to uncalled for rude comments, character assassinations and outright trolling of the offenders comments to try to catch others they don't like in the smallest error so they can publicly flog them in the market square. Some of this may qualify as criminal behavior since online harassment is a crime.

You guys know who you are, and if you want the rest of the forum to know as well please feel free to troll my comments here or any other thread I post on.

Thankfully it is a short list. For the size of this forum 99.375 of the members are for the most part courteous and respectful until they get pushed to their limit.
(I am already over the edge so sue me!)

Thanks to all the members I have learned from since I have been here.
Rob

PS; I snapshot this for future reference in case it "disappears". Nothing here others haven't said in one way or another, but I may be more direct than some.

My name is Rob, and I approve this rant.

Helpful hint;
If your rant is more than three paragraphs long, no one will read it.
Now, here’s mine.

People that yell at me, “On your left!”
for not yelling, “On your left!” as I ride by.
Look, I can tell your an over zealous dumb ass, just by looking at you.
The best approach for me, is stealth.
I’m past and gone, by the time you even figured out that I was ever there.

Helpful hint;
If your rant is more than three paragraphs long, no one will read it.
Now, here’s mine.

People that yell at me, “On your left!”
for not yelling, “On your left!” as I ride by.
Look, I can tell your an over zealous dumb ass, just by looking at you.
The best approach for me, is stealth.
I’m past and gone, by the time you even figured out that I was ever there.
Or you say" on your left" and they move to the left, right in your path.

Im well aware there are people on here who do not appreciate my posts or maybe I'll call them "philosophical rants. ...but, they arent gonna stop so from this point on, if you dont like me or what i post, I ask you kindly hide me and move on.

Now that the politics are out of the way:
Lately life has been rough....for reasons I wont put out there but rough non-the-less so I have had to throw myself more into time with my son and the bike stuff. The best advice I can give you....if something on here offends you, if life gets tough, if parts hunting gets tough or things get painful in any avenue of life's tricky paths. Go to wherever you keep your bike, get on it and start pedaling. Ride as long as you need to, to find a center in your heart again, until the wind is able to dislodge the problems from your soul and send them into the wind, even if just for those short few miles. The problems may be there when you return, but here, right now, on these 2 wheels, they dont exist. The problems will always be the same, but maybe after a long ride, the same problems will be met with a different you.
Yes...I am taking my own advice.

Back