When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cicli Vecchi, Roma, Italia

-
I think this maybe my freewheel, or perhaps a very slightly later version.
From the 'Emilio Bozzi, Milano' catalogue of 1950.....
View attachment 1557071

...and what a useful resource that is if you like Italian bicycles from that era!

This image suggests that my freewheel is incredibly well used!
I will check the chain for markings tomorrow.
My chain is devoid of any markings, on either side.

Great thread, although I only understand about half of it! I was fortunate to visit the Bartali Museum in Firenze and getting there and back was quite an adventure while the rest of the family did something else. I now have visions of my retirement...wandering the back alleys of Italy looking for vintage bikes.

Great thread, although I only understand about half of it! I was fortunate to visit the Bartali Museum in Firenze and getting there and back was quite an adventure while the rest of the family did something else. I now have visions of my retirement...wandering the back alleys of Italy looking for vintage bikes.
Italy or France perhaps, I can think of worse things to do in your retirement.
Fine bicycles, fine wines and fine foods!

I will get back to you tomorrow re. the above questions.
Having said that I'd get back to you tomorrow back on January 30th @juvela, I am getting back to you now.
Somewhat tardy, I'll admit.
I've just found a mark on the chain.
It's not on every side plate and the chain was rather dirty when I first looked.....
20220513_133336.jpg

...you were right, it matches the freewheel in being from 'Way Assauto'.

Chains wear out by stretching links, which in turn, wears out teeth on cogs and rings.
Before you use an old chain, you should probably check it for stretch.

borrowed your new chain photo
1652532538903.png

Last edited:
Having said that I'd get back to you tomorrow back on January 30th @juvela, I am getting back to you now.
Somewhat tardy, I'll admit.
I've just found a mark on the chain.
It's not on every side plate and the chain was rather dirty when I first looked.....
View attachment 1625784

...you were right, it matches the freewheel in being from 'Way Assauto'.

-----

thanks for checking D. 😉

1652532775305.png

1652533014250.png

1652533061621.png

1652533161896.png

1652533265777.png

[above images courtesy of CR and VB]
-----

Last edited:
Back