When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 stingray 3 speed shifter?

-

ODDER

Finally riding a big boys bike
Does anyone have a picture of the correct thumb shifter for a 65 stingray 3 speed. I see several varieties for sale online but would like to get one as close to correct as I can. I have the cable (thanks Rob) and clamps, roller, and chain pull.
just need a proper shifter.

Does anyone have a picture of the correct thumb shifter for a 65 stingray 3 speed. I see several varieties for sale online but would like to get one as close to correct as I can. I have the cable (thanks Rob) and clamps, roller, and chain pull.
just need a proper shifter.
Enclosed id a photo of an actual 1965 Schwinn Sturmey Archer 3 speed shifter kit that was used on the 3 speed Stingray.

The shifter itself was used many years and not just by Schwinn.

A lot of British bikes used the same shifter and it will be more reasonable if you don't ask for one for a Stingray. Once it is out of the bag there are no Schwinn part numbers.
Hope this helps
Rob

You should be able to get a really nice one from a girls lightweight 3 speed even into the 1970s. If you dont find one I may have a couple parts bikes that would have a nicer one.

Back