When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer Help

-

615Wheels

Look Ma, No Hands!
Reaching out to the Whizzer experts for some help. I do not have
much knowledge on Whizzers other than what I have been reading
here on the Cabe and some other sites.

I saw this one come up for sale fairly close to me.The owner said it is a 1947
I’m not sure what make the frame is. It is not running
but the motor turns. It also includes an extra motor.
I was wondering if the year is correct, what is missing or incorrect
and what a fair price would be for the bike and extra motor.

I hope these photos can tell the good and not so good.
Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Quote Reply
Report Edit

[ATTACH=full]1631615[/ATTACH]

Last edited:
"H" motor, (highest production). Automatic clutch is a plus. I don't know bikes very well. Second motor has a "J" dipstick. Check serial number on bottom of other side.

Skeezer

"H" motor, (highest production). Automatic clutch is a plus. I don't know bikes very well. Second motor has a "J" dipstick. Check serial number on bottom of other side.

Skeezer
Thanks so much for the motor information. I will look for a serial number.

Looks like a factory notched fender. At a quick glance, it's missing the air filter, and the throttle control grip is broken. I believe these grips were used with the J engines. The belt cover and chain guard are missing. Not a Schwinn rack. All missing parts can be easily found. Tons of potential and good parts already there. Wheels would most likely clean up. If not, Junkman Bob already mentioned that he has some. If it were me and I had $1000 to spend, I'd offer up to that amount. Have you seen what those front brakes are going for these days? I'd love to see a larger shot of the brake arm side. Is there a long arm connecting the brake arm to a welded bracket on the frame? Has the seller given you a price on the package?

Last edited:
Looks like a factory notched fender. At a quick glance, it's missing the air filter, and the throttle control grip is broken. I believe these grips were used with the J engines. The belt cover and chain guard are missing. Not a Schwinn rack. All missing parts can be easily found. Tons of potential and good parts already there. Wheels would most likely clean up. If not, Junkman Bob already mentioned that he has some. If it were me and I had $1000 to spend, I'd offer up to that amount. Have you seen what those front brakes are going for these days? I'd love to see a larger shot of the brake arm side. Is there a long arm connecting the brake arm to a welded bracket on the frame? Has the seller given you a price on the package?
He was asking $2000 for the package. I’m not sure about the brake arm. I will try to get
some more photos. Thanks for all the information and advice.

i think its a WZ as it looks like a notched frame for belt clearance, notched fender, heavy spokes,possibly goodyear double eagle tires,yea WZ
I was kinda thinking the same thing. But for my own self I wouldn't pay much more than $1000. Some might pay more.

Back