When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Schwinn Worth Messing With?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@WillWork4Parts Thanks for all of the information. I will have to check the bike out when I get a chance and see what I can use. Is the stem the same stems they use on other Schwinn bikes? Those are nice to have around.
Yes, same stems, they just have a sliding T-handle instead of the normal pinch bolt for the handlebars, same thread and year stampings though. Also happens to be the quickest way to date the rest of the parts involved...before dragging it home. Loosen and check year stamp on handlebars.

I use Exerciser quick release seatpost clamps on several 2-wheeled Schwinns, and I've saved a couple quick release stems that I've not gotten around to mounting. I like the long, heavy duty seatposts with height guide. The standard equipment Mesinger seats are durable, with metal innards that don't disentegrate like modern plastic cruiser seats.

A family member offered to give me a vintage Schwinn exercise bicycle similar to this one I have pictured. I don’t really want it taking up room but wondering if there are any parts worth saving from it? Is anything interchangeable on other models of Schwinn bikes? Looks like it might have a 20” rim and shorter ape hanger bars with a gooseneck stem and Huret speedometer. Maybe the crank and bearings. These might be good for a stingray or runabout? Are the pedal parts any good and think there are blocks under the pedal covers? Anyone here have any insight on the matter?

View attachment 1639051

View attachment 1639052

There is a small collectors market for these bikes. But they are really not worth a whole lot. Personally I hate to see these old Schwinn bikes get parted out as others have suggested. But to each his own I guess..........

I have a 1980 model that was my late mothers. She gave it to me a few years before she passed. And I actually pulled this bike out of the box, and assembled it when my dad purchased it for mom as a Christmas present that year.

Back