When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

41 Elgin 4 Star Deluxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Alright, Mike!
That’s a great looking example.
My bike came with a black seat, but since it’s Green with Ivory trim, I wanted to get the Ivory saddle that is listed in the spec sheet.

I ended up buying a whole other bike, just to get this saddle.

Oddly enough, it had a black chassis, while the black seat had the chrome chassis.

So, I switched the chrome chassis on to the Ivory top, and Walla!
Now I’ve got the saddle of choice that every fashionable young American girl wanted in 1940.

BF6DA86C-E182-4D4F-B69C-8D80A5892040.jpeg

Alright, Mike!
My bike came with a black seat, but since it’s Green with Ivory trim, I wanted to get the Ivory saddle that is listed in the spec sheet.
View attachment 1643744
View attachment 1643745
Oddly enough, it had a black chassis, while the black seat had the chrome chassis.
View attachment 1643746
Now I’ve got the saddle of choice that every fashionable young American girl wanted in 1940.
View attachment 1643754

View attachment 1643747
Luckily I picked up one of those a while back. A lil more weathered, but should fit the bill

Alright, Mike!
View attachment 1643744
View attachment 1643745
View attachment 1643746
View attachment 1643754

View attachment 1643747
What happened to this “parts bike”?

Those headlights came out nicely. Did you touch up any of the paint or did all that rust just clean up?
No, I was planning on repainting them, but I was lucky enough, to find another set that was in much better original condition to use as replacements.
Nice job on that tank!
Your project is looking good.
What happened to this “parts bike”?
It’s in the tool shed.
I’ve had a friend inquire about it, but so far no decisions have been made about it, until this project is in the home stretch.

I’ve been busy with work so I haven’t had too much time to work on the bike but here is an update.
Cleaned up the front fender and the front half of the frame.
Before:

After:

I also cleaned up the chrome on the saddle. Completely pitted when acquired.

I rigged my own 6V battery for the tank lights and horn using four AA batteries. Still have to find a good way to install it and wire it up to the tank.

Speaking of horn, the horn is operational again.

Back