When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revenge of the Motobike- Motobike Fever - All Motobikes Please Stand Up!

-
1920s Hawthorne trailblazer don’t know exact year

ADF951C8-0FF4-4750-86E3-0B033CA4C53C.jpeg

Beautiful bike! I just picked up a Speedway Special that is very similar to this. Do you know the year on this one, or possibly have any sources that discuss making out the serial#? Thank you!
Serial numbers for trailblazers are listed on the CABE but mine starting with an M is not listed.

Serial numbers for trailblazers are listed on the CABE but mine starting with an M is not listed.
Your bike has a Shelby chainring on it, but of course that could have been replaced at one time. Nice looking motobike, BTW!

Sean

Good looking bike there...This could be pieced together/repainted though, as there are many signs of it. "M" serial number? Not Shelby?
Mostly original paint and the head badge looks like it’s always been there.I think Scwinn also made trailblazers earlier but it doesn’t have that look where the truss rods mount. Schwinn made them one piece with the fork.chainring seems to be newer than frame.

Mostly original paint and the head badge looks like it’s always been there.I think Scwinn also made trailblazers earlier but it doesn’t have that look where the truss rods mount. Schwinn made them one piece with the fork.chainring seems to be newer than frame.
There are some Hawthorne badged Schwinn's from the 20's but this isn't one. Yes the fork/trussrods but also frame construction

There are some Hawthorne badged Schwinn's from the 20's but this isn't one. Yes the fork/trussrods but also frame construction
I received my 1924 Hawthorne badged Schwinn today! Unfortunately our area was devastated by a derecho last night so I haven’t been able to do anything with it. Power out. Trees down everywhere. Cars crushed. Houses crushed. It’s a mess here… thankfully we are alright and no major damage to our property. I got it unboxed, I’m happy and excited with it.

Back