When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike, Collectors, Investors and Hoarders

-
Just take Tumeric.

cures everything.

This way , you can outlive 'em .... Id make it a mission to be there when one of those violet Ray hoarders gets divorced , or better yet , dies.

They are out there....

stingrays at westminster.jpg

Just take Tumeric.

cures everything.

This way , you can outlive 'em .... Id make it a mission to be there when one of those violet Ray hoarders gets divorced , or better yet , dies.

They are out there....

View attachment 1615213

View attachment 1615212
Thanks man, that photo woke up hope in me.
After seeing the 1968 Orange Krate I ordered a case of Tumeric.
Will that last more than a month?

Yep, it goes for all hobbies. I made the comment, “people waiting for it to turn to gold” frequently on a different forum and when I finally found the part/s the seller wouldn’t sell it to me because he didn’t like my comments….and He was one of the ones on your list.
I pretty much made The same observations as you did.
I was searching for old WWII motorcycle part/s at the time.
Recently I started selling off my bike/parts collection and folks were asking me “ why are you selling…”? I tell them, I’ve had my fun and now it’s time for someone else too. Now, these are not high end bikes or parts, but they have taken up room and it’s time to move on. Hell, I’m retired now and when I go to move I don’t plan on taking my collection of antiques, toys, etc. with me.
The Only bikes I’m keeping are my dads 1939 Roamer and my 1972 MantaRay. My kids know what they are worth, and I told them that when I’m gone they are yours to do whatever.
I’m sure your “violet StingRay” is sitting in someone’s basement that they forgot entirely of because it’s buried in the corner somewhere (like my motorcycle part/s) or hanging on the wall waiting for it to turn into gold….Your list will always be there with every hobby. That’s just how ppl are. Move on and search elsewhere And you will find your bike. Good luck!

Every time I see that orange hoodie I know Rob will have something interesting to say...take it good or bad, controversial, stir the pot... I give Rob credit for saying what he thinks and throwing it out there ....makes for good discussion and to hear the many different views, that what's makes us human and who we are....Thanks Rob

Every time I see that orange hoodie I know Rob will have something interesting to say...take it good or bad, controversial, stir the pot... I give Rob credit for saying what he thinks and throwing it out there ....makes for good discussion and to hear the many different views, that what's makes us human and who we are....Thanks Rob
Thanks to you as well for being in the minority of those who believe this is still a free society with the right to speak out about what's on your mind. Whether it is PC in that group or not.
I was considering changing the photo to me with my GT TeamRTS and my BC Rich Platinum Warlock guitar. Since I was told it was all about me and 5 pages long I figured that photo was ideal.
Now I am going to leave well enough alone since this is more visible.
The other photo is my avatar at RatRodBikes still the same name.
Thanks again, Rob

It's a fact, some people like to "hoard" things. Folks that think this is a bad thing are always two steps behind the deal.
I have never heard of someone that collected say Ferrari's,(insert any quality item here), for years, called a hoarder, he will be a "curator" at his estate auction.
Where would this hobby be if everything in basements, attics and man-caves, became available all at once ? What would become of the "the thrill of the hunt" ?
Dead boring.
Just remember, You can't have everything, where would you put it .

Ultimately all of us are just caretakers. Yes I have a lot of stuff, but I sell just as much as I buy. I buy what I like. Sometimes my interests change and I want something different. Variety is the spice of life! In the end, all of my stuff will be passed on to others with the same passion, and they will become caretakes until they pass an item on.

When I got into Bikes over 30 years ago, there were many huge collections. Some have been liquidated. Some have yet to be seen. I didn't complain because other people had those bikes. I went out and found my own.

This is a hobby. Not a competition. And not a job.

Buy what you like.

Catfish

Back