When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pair of Phantoms

-

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I'm helping out a old friend ( old!! ) and he has some stuff to get rid of, he's not really sure of the history, a family member who's not around anymore had them restored, I thought they were the 95 anniversary but now thinking a real mix of parts, boys seems mostly repo, fenders, seat, pedals, rims etc. but has a G# on the bb next to the seam ( did the 95's have the seam on the bottom? ) and looks like a og brake laced into a anniversary rim ( did they ever come with a front brake? ), locking springer keys say schwinn but just #'s on other side, girls Phantom ? is pretty similar, J#'s by the axle, sliding rail messenger seat, both have Grand Tycoon WW tires, couldn't find anything similar so not really sure what I'm going to tell him that he could get for them, he also has one of those Velo Glide Harley Davidson bikes. I'll probably be the one helping him sell them.

The 95 definitely didn't have a front brake. If you pull the stem out, if its from a 95 it will have Taiwan on it. I saw a few nos 95 frames for sale a while back and i think they had Schwinn and the years 1895 to 1995 stamped on the BB. Sorry, can't help any more than that.

The Centennial frames did have "G" serial numbers. Here's a shot showing the serial and the "Schwinn 1895-1995" mark, though not the best. The bike is a 2000 Cruiser Deluxe Seven built with one of the leftover frames. And you can also see the seam that was cast in the bottom bracket.

SD7-1.jpg

SD7-3.jpg

Back