When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identify

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Indian Man

Finally riding a big boys bike
This bike was hanging in rafters . Been up there awhile , decided to get down and possibly part out on DOND . The serial # reads F153086 . Baby blue can paint possibly. Tires are " Davis Deluxe " 26x2.125 . Rear rubber , front says Nylon . Some cracking on front . What would you call this type rim ? Does anyone have a bike with this chain guard ? Please send photo . The name plate reads IMPERIAL . Messenger seat . What kind of rear rack is that ?
20220620_095207.jpg
20220620_095218.jpg
20220620_095243.jpg
20220620_095303.jpg
Morrow front and rear hubs . Fenders , they are super nice and would they be aftermarket? Your help as always will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Indian Man !

Westfield/Columbia built, aftermarket fenders, aftermarket chainguard Wald or McCauley, drop step wheels, aftermarket rear rack for 26" and 28" bicycle. Pretty cool bike, maybe try to keep it whole at first on DOND, then part if no action.

Sean

Westfield/Columbia built, aftermarket fenders, aftermarket chainguard Wald or McCauley, drop step wheels, aftermarket rear rack for 26" and 28" bicycle. Pretty cool bike, maybe try to keep it whole at first on DOND, then part if no action.

Sean
Thanks for advise . Looks pretty cool .

Hi @Indian Man

F153086 is a Westfield Imperial from around the third quarter of 1941. There will be another number above the serial number (possibly H7, H8 or H9) which will date it more closely. If you can tell us the number, we can date it for you.

Here's an Imperial from a few months after, December 1941. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/columbia-special-deluxe-barn-find.150213/

Breaking it would be a pity.

Best Regards,

Adrian
Thanks Mercian never saw that extra number . Wish a caber
20220623_070946.jpg
20220623_070953.jpg
lived close by for a pick-up . Shipping is just ridiculous 🙄! Thanks for your time and research. AL

Hi @Indian Man

Thank you for that (-:

H9 means the frame was made September 1941, and this bike was built up soon after, probably October. But certainly before November 28th 1941 when F codes stopped being used as the factory was reorganised for war production following the attack on Pearl Harbor.

This is one of the last of the prewar bikes.

Living in France, expensive shipping is something I'm (unforunately) used to.

Best of Luck, whatever you decide to do.

Best Regards,

Adrian

The McCauley chain guard is one of the sweetest ever made imo. I had an NOS chrome one with no brackets on the wall for a long time and someone came along and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Often wish I still had it.
The rack is a bit earlier than the bike I'd say.

Hi @Indian Man

Thank you for that (-:

H9 means the frame was made September 1941, and this bike was built up soon after, probably October. But certainly before November 28th 1941 when F codes stopped being used as the factory was reorganised for war production following the attack on Pearl Harbor.

This is one of the last of the prewar bikes.

Living in France, expensive shipping is something I'm (unforunately) used to.

Best of Luck, whatever you decide to do.

Best Regards,

Adrian
Thanks again !

The McCauley chain guard is one of the sweetest ever made imo. I had an NOS chrome one with no brackets on the wall for a long time and someone came along and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Often wish I still had it.
The rack is a bit earlier than the bike I'd say.
It is sweet looking , may be on DOND in future . Thanks for your reply. AL

Back