When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Princeton frame on Boston CL

-
These types of listings are the worst. I sent an email yesterday at lunchtime and haven’t received a response of any kind. No “Sure, come grab it,” no “You’re second in line,” no “Sorry, already sold,” just silence. Crickets. It completely screws with your productivity for the day because you don’t want to miss a phone call or email. You’re constantly checking your phone and can’t focus on work. These type of listings just suck.

Archive it ...​

Antique Princeton bicycle frame - $10 (Somerville)​

1655892372723.png

This is an antique Princeton bicycle frame with a skip-tooth sprocket. All of the parts on it look usable, although some are short on chrome. Some of the original paint details are still visible, a strong cleaning might make it look half decent. This is not a lightweight racing machine but I guarantee it won't have any problems with potholes around Boston.

These types of listings are the worst. I sent an email yesterday at lunchtime and haven’t received a response of any kind. No “Sure, come grab it,” no “You’re second in line,” no “Sorry, already sold,” just silence. Crickets. It completely screws with your productivity for the day because you don’t want to miss a phone call or email. You’re constantly checking your phone and can’t focus on work. These type of listings just suck.
Not sure why he didn't respond to you Lester. I emailed him last night and he said it was still available and asked for my phone number. I'm beginning to think it's a scam but maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Not sure why he didn't respond to you Lester. I emailed him last night and he said it was still available and asked for my phone number. I'm beginning to think it's a scam but maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Weird, because I sent him a note on his other French frame listing as well providing my phone number with both ad responses. If it were just the one listing, it would feel more like a scam to me, but who knows… the better the scam, the less it feels like one.

Sometimes people are just flaky. The ad copy seems to be relatively creative with the whole potholes in Boston thing... I wouldn't expect that type of touch in a scam ad. But who knows.

This ad is still active on CL. I sent a follow-up yesterday still with no response. If someone ends up with this frame, please share your experience here. To say I'm curious is an understatement.

Sorry I'm late to this post but I own this frame. Basically, I tried contacting him too with radio silence. Had my buddy closer to Somerville reach out and I guess he got lucky.

Guy seemed like he got over 50 emails and just lost track/overwhelmed and picked random people out of a hat to respond to.

The frame had a lot of over-spray like it was haplessly in the crossfire of another project being painted. Took a while but the original pinstriping still shines in places. Don't know if I'll ever find wood rims, so I made a fixie wheelset after taking a repro skip tooth cog to a drill press and used a disc brake 700c front wheel. It's a rider!

Will take decent pics soon.

-Tad The Banjo Lad

Back