When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old rubber

-

Hukah

Finally riding a big boys bike
Good morning CABE dwellers.
I see a few posts here and there about old tires on occasion and it’s surprising what prices pop up for some of them, but recently I came across a set of tires that really just blow my mind, and I’d like to hear what “the pros” (you guys, 😎) think about a value for them.
I came across a matching pair of schwinn typhooncord blackwall tires, 2x2.125
The set is in very good to excellent condition. No weather checking/dry rot and no noticeable wear.
At first I was thinking how sweet it was that I got a good set of rubbers but then I realized that I don’t have a bicycle good enough to warrant them.
They’re too good for my bikes, lol, so I’ve decided to possibly sell them to someone that does have a bicycle that they would be more appropriate for.

would anyone care to opine on these?
Thank you

5118BCB8-C094-4CC3-90C4-5683BC0BEC04.jpeg

57AA3999-83D6-4017-9015-131D7443DD7D.jpeg

3F159689-ADAC-418C-81C8-093E4C0446F8.jpeg

I had a set on my Columbia ballooner awhile back. They're actually a good choice for a rider tire if they're in decent shape. They're not a rare and highly valuable tire, but reasonably well made and decent looking on an older bike. I'd ride those.

if you ride your bike there is no such thing as tires that are too good. I have a few sets of good vintage tires on my crummy old bikes.

... assuming your bikes are vintage.
I love my Balloontires and roadsters but my frames will never be museum worthy (unless they suddenly recognize my artistic abilities, wink), where I have a hunch there’s a hardcore collector out there that has a time period correct schwinn tanker that these would look awesome on at the shows.
I forgot about the DOND link.
I was just wondering if there was an opinion as to a reasonable price that buyer and seller feels like they got what they wanted.
The DOND is just the ticket.
Thanks for your input.

I had a set on my Columbia ballooner awhile back. They're actually a good choice for a rider tire if they're in decent shape. They're not a rare and highly valuable tire, but reasonably well made and decent looking on an older bike. I'd ride those.
Yeah you know I have a set of continental tires on an older Western flyer and those tires are over 70 years old and ride like a cloud today. Lots of street miles.
They’re not making tires like they used to that’s for sure.

Back