When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing grips without destroying them.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
GTs58 you're right it is a repop Stingray in green.

20220624_140535.jpg

20220624_140623.jpg

Last edited:
I use an air compressor. Put a spray nozzle in one end of the grip and hold my thumb over the opposite grip. Blows them right off. Then switch sides and put thumb over open bar end and put nozzle at the end of the other grip and it will pop right off. Sometimes you have to give it a little twist. I use the pictured air gun tool with the rubber nozzle attached.

2B42EDAE-9B53-4709-A2B9-BE27957D20B6.jpeg

I use the skinniest slotted screw driver I have and work it in with a tiny bit of wd40 . Sometimes you need to get it way down in there. (That's what she said). I have often thought an artists flat flexible paint mixing knife might work.
I do this same thing, but in lieu of WD40 I have some Dawn & water in a Visine bottle...same idea though!
I've done Brant's method too with much success...

Does anyone know how to remove grips without killing them, is there a trick I am unaware of. I wanted to save these but got impatient and murdered them. So I made key chains out of what was left. I used low heat, oil, soapy water, butter knife, rag and plyers but they didn't budge, I thought they were glued but when I cut them off there was no sign of anything. Please chime in if you have a trick. Thanks, I put on the metalflake ones, they look way better.

View attachment 1652411

View attachment 1652412

View attachment 1652424

I use an air compressor. Put a spray nozzle in one end of the grip and hold my thumb over the opposite grip. Blows them right off. Then switch sides and put thumb over open bar end and put nozzle at the end of the other grip and it will pop right off. Sometimes you have to give it a little twist. I use the pictured air gun tool with the rubber nozzle attached.

View attachment 1652463
Works perfectly... I use the same method to remove my golf club grips.....

View attachment 1652463
Exactly what I do and it works like a charm every time.

Back