When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID help for my friend

-

Guest2

My buddy just got this going, it was is Grandfather's bike. He said his Mom painted it multiple times over the years. He wishes he knew what it was & I am trying to help a Brotha out...

This is the only pic for now, I can try to get more from him if needed...

Thanks for the help!

Murray-built middleweight, with balloon tires (fender fit would be challenging).

"Double Twin 3-D frame" and "18-1/2" hydrogen brazed new "Speed Weight" design".

Last edited:
Murray-built middleweight, with balloon tires (fender fit would be challenging).

"Double Twin 3-D frame" and "18-1/2" hydrogen brazed new "Speed Weight" design".
You got me wondering what "hydrogen brazed" meant, and according to the internet it's a "brazing process that uses the cleaning (reducing) properties of high purity hydrogen to improve the flow characteristics of the braze alloy." 🤔 That's a new one on me!

You got me wondering what "hydrogen brazed" meant, and according to the internet it's a "brazing process that uses the cleaning (reducing) properties of high purity hydrogen to improve the flow characteristics of the braze alloy." 🤔 That's a new one on me!
I was clueless on all of that jargon! I thought he was messin' w/me! But I appreciate any feedback...Thanks @Oilit !!

Back