When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yes it's Sunday's Show and Tell 7/3/22

-
Picked up this mess today and im kinda excited about making it a bare bones rider. Advertised as a Meteor which makes sense considering it has an early 53 “J” serial number and the correct stencils. Ive seen this guard on D12 meteors so it makes sense for this one even though its a D13. Entire bike is original black with matching patina end to end. Only thing that is weird is a locking truss fork. Its got the same patina and matching fade/darts. Stem is a later “no-V” razor.
Locking fork is bent and booger welded so im gonna swap on a black blade fork when i find one. Obviously the crank and sprocket are wrong-skee.

2EAD21BD-6D41-44E4-AF5E-3BA65440E682.jpeg

03A85B9F-3ABB-4275-89E2-5F31C7306B8D.jpeg

09F5B379-27AD-4F29-9BC5-373C5B8DAF14.jpeg

this week it is not about what I bought, but what I sold. sold a rusted no good Schwinn Tandem to a guy who wants to make a 10-man Schwinn Tandem..... pretty sure he said 10. sounds a bit nutty now that I think about it.

any week you unload a tandem is a good week. sadly I somehow ended up with 2

Last edited:
this week it is not about what I bought, but what I sold. sold a rusted no good Schwinn Tandem to a guy who wants to make a 10-man Schwinn Tandem..... pretty sure he said 10. sounds a bit nut now that I think about it.

any week you unload a tandem is a good week. sadly I somehow ended up with 2
Haha aint that the truth. Same with Town N Country trikes!

I think someone on here gave him the idea, hmmmmmm.
I have started a collection of Bike Club & internet friend T-Shirts (from both here & PinkBike)...somewhat unplanned collection, but I figured I would make one, too. Yes, CF pushed me over the top to break down & order my own...
Lots of fun!

Back