When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New life for a used stained helmet

-

Ernbar

I live for the CABE
This helmet is about 4 years old and heavily used but in like new condition except the white plastic on the larger helmet area was yellowing and looking stained. I used a 1000 grit pad to carefully sand off the gloss, masked and shot the helmet with Rustoleum 2X green paint. It says it bonds to plastic so I gave it a try. I sprayed several coats getting a glass smooth finish. You can’t tell it was rattle can sprayed. I was wondering how well the paint bonds to plastic so I found out today. I accidentally dropped on the sidewalk and some low hanging branches scraped the helmet and did not have any damage at all. This paint is awesome.

I used the same paint on this bike and also painted the seat, that was about two months ago, and part of the seat has not fully dried yet. The rear part of the seat is some kind of rubber that’s the part that has not dried.

63C28F29-C11A-41F5-A76D-72CBA9FFF0B3.jpeg

Back