When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Straight bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I received from @Glenn Rhein what I thought was a 1951 straight bar and turns out it is an even earlier '49 in Cobalt. I do not see too many of these in blue. It even has a 4 hole rack in the same cobalt. Most of the others I looked at seem to have the 6 hole rack. Maybe it being an early model maybe they started with the 4 hole. As with many older bikes someone at some point thought a paint job was in order. They also decided to cover up the original paint scheme and do some attempted touch up of the pins on the guard. They got a bit heavy handed with them. I did my best to bring back as much of original paint as possible. The old rattle can paint is almost as hard as the original so I will have to leave some of it. Luckily they had a pretty close match. I had an issue with the original fork and very glad I had picked up this spring fork from @nick tures a few months ago. The wheels were toast so I will be using a set of S-2s from '51 I had. I picked up a correct '49 stem and bars, the seat needs work I may just pony up for a decent replacement. Lots to do on this one but it is coming along nicely.

IMG_2504 (1).jpg

IMG_2514 (1).jpg

IMG_2511 (2).jpg

IMG_2513 (2).jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

Back