When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A clever way to quickly add some patina to your entire bike collection.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
In hindsight, looks like a ratio of heavy bikes to light-duty hooks ~4:1 was insufficient.

The integration of shelf brackets with hooks might have just complicated things, as the shelf likely doesn’t need 10 or more brackets.

I have some bike crank sets hanging from the overhead in the garage, hooked to 5’ wooden garden stakes (about 1” x 1”), and can see the wood flex with 4 crank sets.

Last edited:
Sorry to see that. I think i have a similar setup in my closet. Hope it doesnt collapse with all my wife's junk on top and the clothes hanging on it... 😏😏

-----

would give you immediate physical evidence to say "...gee honey, have you ever thought of getting rid of some of these items you never wear anymore?" [or can get into]

-----

So I'm in the house and I hear this horrendous crash like the sound of thousands of dollars worth of balloon tired bicycles being dropped onto a floor all at once and I ran out to my garage to see what happened and discovered that's exactly what happened. Apparently my clever way of hanging a rod in the hooked ends of of these shelf brackets was not adequate to hold about a ton of antique iron. I've had it like this for years but I guess these high temps we've been having softened the metal enough to cause it to let go. Luckily I had two of my favorite and most valuable bikes leaned up against the rack of these less valuable bikes to help brake the fall. 😖 Miraculously there was no major damage other than some tweeked fenders and some scuffs. View attachment 1667693

View attachment 1667692

View attachment 1667691
Gonna hafta go with a DUH on that one ☹️☹️☹️

Race car dash? I'm not sure what you mean. Its kinda beat like everything I own. But it runs great.

View attachment 1667738

View attachment 1667739

-----

Thank you! 😃

one of the things people used to do when they set up a 510 to race was to replace the stock dash with a simple sheet metal affair with only the essential instruments -

then inevitably, some wiseguy comes along and does this -

1658604918676.png

-----

Well it's not how I planned to spend this beautiful Saturday afternoon but it's all fixed. There really wasn't much damage that I can see. This chain guard might have been the worst thing but I'm not sure if it wasn't like this before. I know it was pretty bent up.

20220723_180525.jpg

20220723_180515.jpg

20220723_172042.jpg

Back