When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Straight bar

-

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I received from @Glenn Rhein what I thought was a 1951 straight bar and turns out it is an even earlier '49 in Cobalt. I do not see too many of these in blue. It even has a 4 hole rack in the same cobalt. Most of the others I looked at seem to have the 6 hole rack. Maybe it being an early model maybe they started with the 4 hole. As with many older bikes someone at some point thought a paint job was in order. They also decided to cover up the original paint scheme and do some attempted touch up of the pins on the guard. They got a bit heavy handed with them. I did my best to bring back as much of original paint as possible. The old rattle can paint is almost as hard as the original so I will have to leave some of it. Luckily they had a pretty close match. I had an issue with the original fork and very glad I had picked up this spring fork from @nick tures a few months ago. The wheels were toast so I will be using a set of S-2s from '51 I had. I picked up a correct '49 stem and bars, the seat needs work I may just pony up for a decent replacement. Lots to do on this one but it is coming along nicely.

IMG_2504 (1).jpg

IMG_2514 (1).jpg

IMG_2511 (2).jpg

IMG_2513 (2).jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

Back