When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well that explains that! You used REAL clear coat!
My boss at work gave me his harbor freight sprayer. The cool thing is he put on his own filter and regulator. I think he was going to paint his truck himself and changed his mind. I've been eyeing a candy paint kit on eBay for use in the sprayer. The bike I'll paint with it is so far back on the list, I won't even bother making everyone look at a picture of it.
Actually it’s in a rattle can! It’s dupli-color clear. Can looks like this with a clear cap

image.jpg

Used to paint bikes with about five rattle cans of lacquer wet sanding between each coat & then a couple cans of clear lacquer. They looked like they were dripping wet with new paint when finished
That's the kind of patience and determination I need. Next solid color bike will see a little 1500 grit sandpaper!

That's the kind of patience and determination I need. Next solid color bike will see a little 1500 grit sandpaper!
800 will do, wet sanding, the patience comes laying on the the paint without runs, rattle cans are spendy but have great control & eliminate clogs tips & bother, even wet sanded the clear before the last coat, “Shake Well” 😎 I still have one I did 27 years ago and when I get it out & wipe it down I’m amazed it still glows between the nicks and scratches 😂

Back