When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 Stingrays what to offer?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There not for sale unless I offer enough money then he might sell them. That's why I was asking what to offer to get the deal done.

Didn't Mike Wolf say to sellers like that.........."Listen buddy, give me a number......I can't both buy it and sell it for you." If he won't give you a number, I would just walk.......Or, lowball him, $250, or less, and when he recoils, stick it back in his face......."HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT" Remember, Schwinn made these bikes by the thousands. I have scrapped 3x more stingrays than this guy owns.

Also...... https://vermont.craigslist.org/bik/d/east-corinth-vintage-schwinn-sting-ray/7512173760.html

$70.00 Stingray in Vt.

Good luck!!

Didn't Mike Wolf say to sellers like that.........."Listen buddy, give me a number......I can't both buy it and sell it for you." If he won't give you a number, I would just walk.......Or, lowball him, $250, or less, and when he recoils, stick it back in his face......."HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT" Remember, Schwinn made these bikes by the thousands. I have scrapped 3x more stingrays than this guy owns.

Also...... https://vermont.craigslist.org/bik/d/east-corinth-vintage-schwinn-sting-ray/7512173760.html

$70.00 Stingray in Vt.

Good luck!!

One more time.................

Shawn you may have a point and I won't mind over paying because this barn has old cars, tractors, more gas pumps, more bike's, etc. alot of cool old stuff.. I wouldn't mind being the guy that gets invited back someday because some of these old timers have had this stuff for their whole life. If I lowball him I probably won't be able to buy anything else.

Shawn you may have a point and I won't mind over paying because this barn has old cars, tractors, more gas pumps, more bike's, etc. alot of cool old stuff.. I wouldn't mind being the guy that gets invited back someday because some of these old timers have had this stuff for their whole life. If I lowball him I probably won't be able to buy anything else.
Theres another thing to consider.....it may be more of a "ticket in" at the end of the day which can lead to even better things. Since someone brought up Pickers, they sometimes over-pay for the first "break the ice" item to foster trust.

Complete Stingrays seat and all can fetch a pretty penny if in good shape. Pre '70 is the what gets the most attention. Some seats are worth $250/350 themselves. That $70 Stingray was beat to heck, condition and originality is the key. Great for parting out if incomplete but easy to move if they are complete and somewhat clean.

I lost his phone no. so over the last 5 yrs. I would stop if I was in that town but he was never home, so today when I stopped he wasn't home so I left a note on his door with my no. and he remembered me and must trust me because he called me and we talked, when I mentioned the bikes that's when he said I could make an offer when I go tomorrow. He said he gets up really early so 6AM is good but I said how about 8AM. I'll post some pic's if I get anything.

I’d bring a bunch of money and look at them, than decide. I’d also be honest with the guy, I think these are worth x and I’m willing to offer you y for them. I think if your fair it’s a good ice breaker and it might get you the opportunity to offer on other things.

These bikes I've been trying to buy for 5 years but everytime I mentioned them NOT FOR SALE, NOT FOR SALE, NOT FOR SALE, until today he said make me an offer so I think I have this one chance to get them. That's why I was hoping the Cabe stingray guys could give me a ballpark number, I know there are so many variations in values of different stingrays but they are not my cup of tea. 5 years ago I bought a gas pump for $100, a barber chair for $150 and a 1939 Schwinn New World for $25 off this guy. Maybe I should just gamble and throw a number at him and see what happens, I'll probably pay to much I usually do.
Unfortunately without pics, a ballpark guess is all you can do .... recently I bought a lil chik for 75...a beat up, complete 1972 stingray for $80.00......thats Michigan money ..Cali money much higher...if you just gotta have em, offer the 500.....

Back