When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 Stingrays what to offer?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Is there a quick way to tell an early one from a later one, like a letter or number in serial no. I'm not familiar with these bikes, to me they all look the same.

Is there a quick way to tell an early one from a later one, like a letter or number in serial no. I'm not familiar with these bikes, to me they all look the same.
The real early '64/65 have a shorter frame. The space between the seat tube and the brake bridge is smaller 2 inches compared to the 4 inches on the longer frames. The style of handlebar is also a give away. The first years used a real wide set of apes 31 inches, the following set in '66/'67 had very dramatic down turn to the grip pertion of the bars and then the went to a less dramatic bend. In '69/'70 they went to the bars that were basically straight up with very little v shape to the bars. The real early bikes had a Schwinn style sissy bar that bolted to the axle not to mounting brackets. Also there was a high loop sissy that was only '66/'67 I think, and the part behind the seat sticks way up. Any square backed sissy bar is very early. A first generation would have short frame, square back sissy bolted to axle and the real wide bars.Any pre '69 would have a wingtip style guard.

They did make a short frame every year so you may have to use some other clues to tell if it is early. Pic #1 ling frame ,#2 short frame #3 early wide bars followed by '67 and last a '69 and on straight set. The last one is the same '67 set next to the following '68 style see how the ones with grips do not drop as far. Good luck and keep me in mind haha Don't forget about colors campus green , yellow , orange did not come out until later. First colors were coppertone , red, blue, purple,

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026 (1).jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Serial # is the easiest way to start, 1st is a letter for the month starting with A-January, second digit the most important, ( there are charts here on the cabe ), 63 & 64 would have a 3 or 4 and starting in 65 changed to a letter starting with A and moved up the alphabet from there.

Back