When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn Fresh 26X

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The most common reaction to the Monark made aluminum bicycles, is, and probably was even at the time of their manufacture, is what’s with the 24” diameter wheels?
I think Monark was for whatever reason, pretty solidly convinced that the smaller diameter wheels was the way to go.
But, they must have finally sensed the need to build a couple of models of their aluminum bicycles, with 26” diameter wheels.
Hence the model name, 26X.

Last edited:
Wow!! I've only been a member of the forum for a couple of weeks, but this is one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen! I was noticing the front fork though, someone else here said it's rigid? It looks like with some creative machining it could be made into a functional springer. At any rate, what a fantastic find! How long did it take your heart rate to return to normal?

Wow, I've only been a member of the forum for a couple of weeks but this is one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen. I was noticing the front fork though, someone else here said it's rigid? It looks like with some creative machining it could be made into a functional springer. At any rate, what a fantastic find! How long did it take your heart rate to return to normal?
I believe they were referring to the rear half of the bike. There is another Monark called the Flocycle that is a dual suspension frame.

Wow!! I've only been a member of the forum for a couple of weeks, but this is one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen! I was noticing the front fork though, someone else here said it's rigid? It looks like with some creative machining it could be made into a functional springer. At any rate, what a fantastic find! How long did it take your heart rate to return to normal?
Welcome to the fold!
The fork is a springer, frame is rigid as @fordmike65 mentioned above-

I've bought a few exciting balloon tire bikes in the past but this is certainly the most exciting and interesting balloon tire project I've ever started.

26X Update!

26XA1.jpg

26XA2.jpg

Back