When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$10k Fastback?

-
People post stuff on ebay at outrageous prices because there are people out there with deep pockets and no brains who buy what they want without doing their homework. Its a long shot but it must work once in a while because people keep doing it.

i also have a watch collecting bug and see crazy prices posted for some pretty common watches. My favourite was a listing for a 1950ish Omega wrist watch for 18000 bucks. A plain ass stainless cased watch in average condition, it was worth roughly the 800 dollars I paid for the one I have in my collection.

but there is one born every minute so you can’t blame them for trying!

later today I think I’ll list my old Timex Marlin...

$14000 sounds about right.

People post stuff on ebay at outrageous prices because there are people out there with deep pockets and no brains who buy what they want without doing their homework. Its a long shot but it must work once in a while because people keep doing it.

i also have a watch collecting bug and see crazy prices posted for some pretty common watches. My favourite was a listing for a 1950ish Omega wrist watch for 18000 bucks. A plain ass stainless cased watch in average condition, it was worth roughly the 800 dollars I paid for the one I have in my collection.

but there is one born every minute so you can’t blame them for trying!

later today I think I’ll list my old Timex Marlin...

$14000 sounds about right.
Man, I like the way you think.
I have a very rare Large Pet Rock. My location doesn't allow large pets.
Maybe I should shoot for $25k plus shipping or local pickup. Better be at least a 3/4 ton pickup.
I will post a photo here later

Maybe I should shoot for $25k plus shipping or local pickup. Better be at least a 3/4 ton pickup.
Its better if you have the original packaging, collectors value that stuff.

the box for one of my watches goes for several hundred dollars, but people happily pay that because they can sell their watch for a ton more if its in the original packaging.

there’s even knock off packaging for high end watches being made in China! Its friggin crazy out there.

so if you’re lucky and can find that deep rabbit hole on the web, maybe you can find the “original” box for your rock.

but be prepared to pay.

and be sure its not a knock off Chinese version.

And then there’s the accessories...

Maybe I should shoot for $25k plus shipping or local pickup. Better be at least a 3/4 ton
pickup.

She is a very friendly Pet Rock and loves cats. These are photos of her and Jax playing together in the back yard.

I have been in this hobby for about five years and I too have quite a few heavy and middle weight bikes in various stages of restoration. I have watched how parts have ascended to the heights that I honestly thought that they never would and have been compelled to pay sometimes to get that part that if I had waited might have bought it for less. Or maybe paid out the wazoo for it depending on what emotion is currently occupying that part of our frontal lobe? I think that like you said someone will pay a price that we might think is “outrageous” but some may quietly pay it because it’s what they need to finish out they’re bike that they hold neat and dear. Like the prewar motorbike tanks. Most all I’ve seen are at least 2,000 or above and selling. So as it was stated earlier what is asked and what is sold for is the fine line. But it is something that only the buyer can truly answer???

She is a very friendly Pet Rock and loves cats. These are photos of her and Jax playing together in the back yard.
View attachment 1677149

View attachment 1677161
View attachment 1677158
Man you are one seriously lucky dude. I let my pet rock outside untethered like that one time and it wandered out into the street and got hit by a car. Poor thing is now covered in scratches and will likely never get over the trauma.

There is a bright side though... $17000 damage to the BMW that hit her.

Man you are one seriously lucky dude. I let my pet rock outside untethered like that one time and it wandered out into the street and got hit by a car. Poor thing is now covered in scratches and will likely never get over the trauma.

There is a bright side though... $17000 damage to the BMW that hit her.
I live in a mobile home park at the end of a dead end street. I took over care of her when her former Grandmom passed away from cancer.
I have a large back yard against a field, which is where she was living before she got her forever home here. She usually likes to lay under that tree and wait for something to happen.
She stays there to keep company with a couple cats that are taking their final nap in the Catnip Gardens.
Of course she welcomes cats that just want to take a nap on her above ground.

Back