When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 Schwinn Black Phantom... Just Got It!

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Purchased this yesterday...just a half mile from my house! Crazy close, and ironically a house I ride past on one of my bikes every time I'm out.

It was listed on Facebook for not many hours, and I was able to go right over when I contacted him. He was selling a few bikes, and I was blown away by what he had both for sale and not for sale. Some were restored to Museum quality, including a pair of Hopalong Cassidy bikes with 26''wheels and five or six (can't remember!) Cycle Trucks. Having done a lot of the work himself, it really was something to see them and speak with him about them. He even has some other Phantom's in the wings waiting for restoration. He also pointed out on the fenders where mud flaps had been mounted, but was keeping them for one of his other Phantom restorations.

This bike belonged to his late brother, and he said it was time to pass it on. He had gotten it when he was 13, and it stayed there all this time. He pointed out some of the small flame decals his brother had put on it all those years ago. He also pointed out that the saddle for that year wasn't leather anymore, but vinyl (didn't know that!), and that the rear light was an option his mother wanted him to have on the bike.

I'm thrilled to have it, especially with the story behind the bike and it being a one owner Phantom. Also, it was an extreme pleasure to meet Richard who sold it to me and also to see his Collection. Best Sunday I've had yet! 😀

Enjoy the "as purchased" photos. I can't wait to get started on it!! 😍

IMG_1623.jpeg

IMG_1625.jpeg

IMG_1626.jpeg

IMG_1627.jpeg

IMG_1628.jpeg

IMG_1629.jpeg

IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1631.jpeg

IMG_1632.jpeg

IMG_1633.jpeg

IMG_1634.jpeg