When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 Schwinn Jaguar Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tomsjack

I live for the CABE
1956 Schwinn Jaguar Bicycle On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165570771883?

s-l500.jpg

1956 Schwinn Jaguar Bicycle​

tnj4p1myre1mpff12w4j1llndmc.png
1 watched in last 24 hours

Condition: UsedUsed

Price: US $1,400.00

Ships from United States

23 watchers
Shipping: US $150.00 Flat Rate Freight
Located in: Davenport, Iowa, United States
1660732181554.png

1660732196089.png
1660732207836.png
1660732224290.png
1660732243740.png

1660732272502.png

Well, the pics are nice,
green, Jaguar.🙂

Pretty far over the mark IMO. NOS bow pedals from another decade and not Schwinn. No pins on the fork, wrong carrier and it's Painted. 😱 Wrong seat post and clamp but the chrome looks better with a fresh repaint. It's purdy though and would look better with no paint on the carrier.

Pretty far over the mark IMO. NOS bow pedals from another decade and not Schwinn. No pins on the fork, wrong carrier and it's Painted. 😱 Wrong seat post and clamp but the chrome looks better with a fresh repaint. It's purdy though and would look better with no paint on the carrier.
I don't think there actually was a 56. 54/55 were Ballooners and the 57/58 were Mark II's and 59/62 were Mark IV's. No 56 model. I agree that at that price it would need to be a C8 or better.

I don't think there actually was a 56. 54/55 were Ballooners and the 57/58 were Mark II's and 59/62 were Mark IV's. No 56 model. I agree that at that price it would need to be a C8 or better.
The new Jaguar was released early sometime in 1956. I’ve seen a few with late second quarter serial stamping dates but I haven’t found any literature saying when these were actually released.

The new Jaguar was released early sometime in 1956. I’ve seen a few with late second quarter serial stamping dates but I haven’t found any literature saying when these were actually released.
Like car models later in the year are the following year models. The actual model year for the first year MW Jag was 57 even though it may have a 56 serial number. I have a few books where Dave S and Bob U point this out. No 56 Jaguar brochures.

Last edited:
Like car models later in the year are the following year models. The actual model year for the first year MW Jag was 57 even though it may have a 56 serial number. I have a few books where Dave S and Bob U point this out.

There have been some pretty early serial numbers on these, so I'll have to say there were some 1956 Jags. (August). The Corvette 5 speed was introduced in July 61 and they're considered 61 models. The new cars were on the lots in September and Schwinn's regular new year models weren't shipped out until mid-January.
The American was discontinued for a while and the Speedster took it place in 1959. Then in mid 1961 the Speedster was discontinued and the American was reintroduced.

Back