When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman 39 Firestone Flying Ace truss question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tacochris

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I have done my research but cant seem to come to a conclusion as the surviving examples either dont have them or have the wrong ones.

I have been working on returning this one-year-only bike back to being complete and I need to know what exact truss rod setup I need to be looking for. Here is a sales ad for the bike which may be a pre-production artwork but it may help some.

(it now has an original badge attached as of this post)

FSFA.jpg

39firestoneace.jpg

Same set-up in the Spring/Summer catalog as the Fall/Winter, so I'd say it's most likely correct.

View attachment 1681749

View attachment 1681750
Solid.

So any idea what I need to ask for when i put out the call for a set? I dont think these are model specific and I seem to recall seeing some similar on others but not sure.
Was thinking of asking for "prewar Huffman truss rods" maybe....something like that.

I wont say ive given up on finding that chain guard but I have given up on finding one I dont have to sell a kidney to get. haha

Not sure if the more common fork/truss setup uses the same rods on these which had no fork truss. They do look pretty similar tho.

1660860661911.png

Back