When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Schwinn-Approved Le Tour 10-Speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

recall finding it odd that the launch edition of the model was yet fitted with steel wheel rims and those ghastly Union 40U pedals...

a poor buy in the context of the contemporary market

---

if you are going to be getting a polyester leisure suit to ride it in remember to leave the zipper open down to the waist so you can show off all your chest hair & gold neck chains

you should also have a razor cut hairstyle and be smoking a menthol...

the ladies will love it! 🤣

-----
It really strikes me odd the Le Tour was to be the Super Sports successor, but the SS had aluminum alloy rims?? OA only about 3lbs lighter a bike than the SS.
BTW Tim, i love that Kool lemon Le Tour out front there, very nice.

Thanks Rich, here is another pic of that bike. Tim

DE90C308-D825-4921-8187-6B4DF0A21901.jpeg

so nice! had one in 1975 bought one like it this spring i love it. the one i bought recently has full chrome front forks . and was the handlebar tape originally red?
If you look in the 75 catalog its shown with black tape but one as the buyer could opt for the matching color tape I guess. I read somewhere that full chromed forks were dealer replacements.

Last edited:
so nice! had one in 1975 bought one like it this spring i love it. the one i bought recently has full chrome front forks . and was the handlebar tape originally red?
No, it was black. I think red looks better. Same for my Sports Tourer in Opaque red.

20211009_120910_copy_731x959.jpg

Last edited:
-----

1661119295833.png

---

what is the Schwinn name for the pearlescent orangish colour seen here in Tim s's photo?

thank you for any information. 😉

-----

Back