When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starting to worry

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There a lot of people I trust 100%. Many of them on this forum. You ever served in the military?
You ever see family members who trust each other 100% go into business and end up at each other's throats? I have, many times.

No, I have not served in the military. However, I don't want to expand this discussion by comparing the purchase of a vintage bike to the special bond that forms among men and women in military units. That is a rare trust indeed!

Last edited:
I have no problems with PP friends & family for smaller items but when you get into the 100's++ I do goods & services unless you really have to know/trust the seller and even then it depends on the situation.

Hey Mark. Glad you received your frame and the drama is over. I think having this simple discussion isn’t the end of the world. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and how they like their transactions. No need to get personal. I think the original seller could have stated he was in dire financial situations and things maybe a little slow on his end. Communication goes far. Silence just leads to unknowns. Next…..

I have no problems with PP friends & family for smaller items but when you get into the 100's++ I do goods & services unless you really have to know/trust the seller and even then it depends on the situation.
Exactly.

Reactions: mrg
On a $3,000 purchase, the fee is $90. That is a small price to pay for the peace of mind of a full refund should something go wrong. A lot can go wrong with a deal and you can rarely trust someone 100%

Anyone who would do F&F for a $3000 purchase from some random person in cyber-space is not dealing with a full deck!!!!

You ever see family members who trust each other 100% go into business and end up at each other's throats? I have, many times.

YEP, sadly, the worst financial transaction I have ever had in my entire life was with a family member!

Anyhow, people are free to make their own choices on how they want to do business. I choose to use the method I have previously described for any, and all online purchases! That is what works for me.

Back