When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 Schwinn Jaguar Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
No telling what year that one is, no serial number provided, and it's been modified with incorrect parts. The chain guard decal looks like it was the Schwinn Mark II Jaguar piece that was on the later production for the 1957 and later pieces. The early ones (56) had just Schwinn Jaguar on the chain guard and it was a different font.
The only Jag chainguard that I have ever seen that had just Jaguar on it was 54/55 Ballooner. The first Mark II was a 57 MW

The only Jag chainguard that I have ever seen that had just Jaguar on it was 54/55 Ballooner. The first Mark II was a 57 MW

Here's the 1956 Jaguar chain guard decal.

1661801285540.png

1661801318942.png

You might convince me if you can show me any Schwinn advertising for a 56 or brochure etc: for a 56

I've come across two Schwinn Reporters for 1956 mentioning the new Jaguar. These were thumb nails on the internet and I couldn't blow them up to any degree to where you could make out everything written. All I could make out was these Jags were selling early enough in 1956 for Schwinn to get feedback from the dealers on how well they were selling. So if someone has and can post the 1956 Reporters, you'll have your written confirmation.

I've come across two Schwinn Reporters for 1956 mentioning the new Jaguar. These were thumb nails on the internet and I couldn't blow them up to any degree to where you could make out everything written. All I could make out was these Jags were selling early enough in 1956 for Schwinn to get feedback from the dealers on how well they were selling. So if someone has and can post the 1956 Reporters, you'll have your written confirmation.
haha good try.......So it was just a Jaguar MW and not a Mark II ? Iike I said I would need to see some 56 advertising. I don't question the serial numbers, just model year.

haha good try.......So it was just a Jaguar MW and not a Mark II ? Iike I said I would need to see some 56 advertising. I don't question the serial numbers, just model year.
Schwinn never mentioned a model year on any of the early entry new models. So you’ll have to believe whatever you want.

Schwinn never mentioned a model year on any of the early entry new models. So you’ll have to believe whatever you want.
I saved the pic to my desktop and blew it up. In the article. They call it a Mark II that will be ready in time for Christmas 56 which would make it a 57. That's what I believe, thanks for the piece.

I saved the pic to my desktop and blew it up. In the article. They call it a Mark II that will be ready in time for Christmas 56 which would make it a 57. That's what I believe, thanks for the piece.
. Well that doesn’t explain the chain guard decal with just Schwinn jaguar on it. It doesn’t say Mark II Jaguar.

Back