When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...9/4/22

-
IMG_1965.jpeg

With exception of the glass reflectors, I bought this stuff over the last several months, but just posting now.
I needed a glass reflector for my 36 Whizzer rack. The original rattled off somewhere on a local ride. I needed one but ended up with four originals.

The hard-to-find TANKFIX Abfahrt (departure) KM meter was made in Germany in the early 1950's specifically for automobiles with no gas gauge like both my early VW busses.

NOS in box Whizzer Diecast
Captain Action Green Hornet and Kato outfits for my original Captain action figure. Made by Playing Mantis many years ago.
Batman Mobil VW bus Bat lab.

Last but not least, I finally located all four NOS in box 1:12 scale VW busses.
These are very large and heavy. Made by Sunstar over 10-15 years ago. Originally sold for $100 each but now change hands for $400-800 if you can find them in NOS condition. These are so detailed it is crazy. Removable hub caps lug nuts and tires, spare tire, opening doors, opening side door windows, operational door handles, steering wheel, removable seats, adjustable mirrors and wipers. comes complete with lug wrench and jack.

Mango green/Seagull gray
Palm green/Sand green
Sealing wax red/Chestnut brown
Dove blue

Arguably, Volkswagen had the best colors and color combos then any other car manufacturer of the era.

Last edited:
You had me going there for a minute. I'm thinking"a Whizzer" for $125.00!! Sweet Mother of......I dunno "Whizzer"? Nice model and cool vinyl. Right on.
😄😄 Glad someone appreciated this. I couldn't resist. Lol! Since my Dad passed in November it's good to know she's still keeping an eye out for me! If you knew my proclivity of finding cool bikes/stuff for free or next to nothing you may have fallen harder. Cool that she had some Styx as that was my Dad's favorite since I got him hooked many years ago when they played the Olathe Sweet, Sweet Corn Festival.👍 (all the vinyl is pristine🤓) Really hoping she goes after that Stingray & let's me know....

Ain't that the truth !! Congratulations on that one ! WOW It's Beautiful 😛 😛 😛 Thanks for sharing the pic's 🤓 Now go take it for a ride , and show it off !! 😁

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Pretty cool some other '48 Whizzer stuff popped up this week!!👍👍

I was very fortunate to be in the right place at the right time, ( it fell in my lap) and good Karma landed a Bluebird on my doorstep this week. Really, it came from an advanced "well travelled" collector we all know and love ( fixer, I compare to the "Wolf" in Pulp Fiction for his packing skills, bike scores and flips, overall coolness) who got it from an advanced collector and offered it up to me.

View attachment 1690501

It's a sweetheart. It came with the repro speedo cable, bracket, and basket I just have to install. It looks easy, any tips? I just HAD to take pics after I got it assembled, couldn't wait for the speedo cable install. I am truly blessed. I may be sleeping in my travel trailer soon for lack of space and an overdrawn bank account. You only live once as you are,& who knows if you'll be re-incarnated or not, or as what?

View attachment 1690498

View attachment 1690500

View attachment 1690503

View attachment 1690504

View attachment 1690507

View attachment 1690508

View attachment 1690509
Re-incarnated? I'd hope to be re-incarnated as a bug--just so I could be run over by that bike!!

With exception of the glass reflectors, I bought this stuff over the last several months, but just posting now.
I needed a glass reflector for my 36 Whizzer rack. The original rattled off somewhere on a local ride. I needed one but ended up with four originals.

The hard-to-find TANKFIX Abfahrt (departure) KM meter was made in Germany in the early 1950's specifically for automobiles with no gas gauge like both my early VW busses.

NOS in box Whizzer Diecast
Captain Action Green Hornet and Kato outfits for my original Captain action figure. Made by Playing Mantis many years ago.
Batman Mobil VW bus Bat lab.

Last but not least, I finally located all four NOS in box 1:12 scale VW busses.
These are very large and heavy. Made by Sunstar over 10-15 years ago. Originally sold for $100 each but now change hands for $400-800 if you can find them in NOS condition. These are so detailed it is crazy. Removable hub caps lug nuts and tires, spare tire, opening doors, opening side door windows, operational door handles, steering wheel, removable seats, adjustable mirrors and wipers. comes complete with lug wrench and jack.

Mango green/Seagull gray
Palm green/Sand green
Sealing wax red/Chestnut brown
Dove blue

Arguably, Volkswagen had the best colors and color combos then any car manufacturer of the era.
View attachment 1690704

View attachment 1690705

View attachment 1690706

View attachment 1690707

View attachment 1690708
WOW ! That MANGO model is AWESOME!!

Back