When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 Schwinn Spitfire 5 Beach Cruiser

-

tomsjack

I live for the CABE
1979 Schwinn Spitfire 5 Beach Cruiser On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255600480702?

s-l500.jpg

1979 Schwinn Spitfire 5 Beach Cruiser​

View attachment 1693484 2 watched in last 24 hours
Condition: Used

Price: US $1,000.00😱

Best Offer:

33 watchers
Pickup: Free local pickup from Whittier, California, United States.
View attachment 1693471
View attachment 1693472
View attachment 1693473View attachment 1693474View attachment 1693475View attachment 1693476View attachment 1693477View attachment 1693478View attachment 1693479View attachment 1693480
Well, Make Offer.
@Xlobsterman used to work at Aviation Cyclery, i think...?

Yep, that bike is from my old shop, and chances are I pulled it out of the box back in the day.

I saw that on Ebay months ago, and messaged the seller telling him that I worked at the shop, and probably assembled the bike out of the box, but never got a reply back from him!

Just another example of an overpriced listing on Ebay that has been there for months!

Yep, that bike is from my old shop, and chances are I pulled it out of the box back in the day.

I saw that on Ebay months ago, and messaged the seller telling him that I worked at the shop, and probably assembled the bike out of the box, but never got a reply back from him!

Just another example of an overpriced listing on Ebay that has been there for months!
What should he have it priced at IYO ?

What should he have it priced at IYO ?

The price is all over the board on these! It could be worth a lot to a guy like me who has some sentimental attachment to the bike because it came from my shop, but I would never pay a grand for a bike in that condition, regardless!

Out of all the Spitfires & Cruisers I have, most were purchased for way under $500, with my last single speed 1977 Spitfire being purchased for $300

So all that being said...........if it was a different time and place, I would be all over the bike trying to obtain it because it came from my shop. It would be a great addition to my collection, and a perfect mate to my 78 KLUNKER 5 that came from my shop.

Maybe we could get everyone here to pitch in an buy it for me, then have it shipped to me here on the East Coast..........LOL

So all that being said...........if it was a different time and place, I would be all over the bike trying to obtain it because it came from my shop. It would be a great addition to my collection, and a perfect mate to my 78 KLUNKER 5 that came from my shop.

Maybe we could get everyone here to pitch in an buy it for me, then have it shipped to me here on the East Coast..........LOL

View attachment 1693631

View attachment 1693632
I think everyone should pitch in & buy it for me ! you already have a five speed 🤣😂😆 local pick up no shipping 🙂 I’ll send you the shop sticker on a postcard from Manhattan Beach 🤣😂😆

Back