When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To good to be true, if it is should I go? Update I went.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have a stingray on CL and just got a call from a guy that said he dosen't want to buy my bike but wanted to know if I collected, fixed, resold them and I said yes all of the above. He said he has 4 Schwinn bike's like the one I have advertised and I could have them for free. Here's the catch he wouldn't give me his address but wants to meet at a gas station a couple towns over. He sounded normal and legit but is this one of those to good to be true deals, (be careful) he said the bikes are in his barn about 1 mi. from the gas station. If its true I'll post some pic's, if ya never here from me again it went way wrong. LOL I think I should take a chance. I also have to remember that all old bikes are Schwinns.
First of all Craig's List ??!!.....ok.....any normal real person would give you an address or pics............but hey, if it's close..... I'd go for 4 free stingrays.....

This reminds me of a party we were invited to in the woods by the river, I had to work so we got there late. We didn't know many people there and they were well into their 3rd keg when we arrived and a couple drunk guys started saying some nasty things to my wife, she's a cute little blonde, I told them to be careful and they said what ya gonna do go to your truck get your gun and walk back over here and shoot us and I said nope, why walk all the way back over here I'll shoot ya from the truck. The first pic is my wife and my buddy Moe Jones.

20210218_100143.jpg

20210314_105445.jpg

The odds of you being ghosted, or even being legit, are better than the odds of a serial killer or robber. If there are suspicious circumstances, obviously pass. But I think sometimes we have become too cynical where we need not be.

When I used Craigslist several years ago to sell a couple bikes, I encountered people who would say they want to meet to buy the bike, then ghosted, and I had people who low-balled or tried to offer a worthless trade. About 1/3 were legit people who wanted to see and buy the bike. I even met one girl and her parents who wanted a college commuter bike and was too short for what I was selling. I told her what size bike she should look for and where to find a local bike shop that could help her.

Yes, there are criminals who use Craiglist, but it's not a majority. You're an adult and know what you have to do to stay safe.

I occasionally have people who offer me bikes (sometimes for free, sometimes they decide they want money). I don't get my hopes up because often, people forget to follow through, or it turns out the bike is damaged or is something that can't really be used. I recently had a neighbor offer me a bike, which was very kind of him. After a couple days without hearing from him, I figured maybe he had forgotten, so no big deal. Several days later, he brought by a complete, 23" frame 1968 Raleigh Sports three speed bike. He told me the story of how he got it new in the late 1960s and used it as a commuter for many years. We talked for awhile about bikes.

See how things develop. Stay safe, but keep an open mind about people.

This reminds me of a party we were invited to in the woods by the river, I had to work so we got there late. We didn't know many people there and they were well into their 3rd keg when we arrived and a couple drunk guys started saying some nasty things to my wife, she's a cute little blonde, I told them to be careful and they said what ya gonna do go to your truck get your gun and walk back over here and shoot us and I said nope, why walk all the way back over here I'll shoot ya from the truck. The first pic is my wife and my buddy Moe Jones.

View attachment 1694734

View attachment 1694735

Back