When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's The Biggest Rust Bucket You've Bought And Brought Home?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Y'all are good! The fork in the first pic is actually a different one. I think its a 40 or 41. If you look close there is a second spring bolt yoke(?). it is about 1/2" longer than the original. The og fork is pretty beat up. And yes, the spring is super weak. Besides that, with the fork assembled, the steer tube is off to one side by 1/4" or so. Bike pulls to the side. I straightened the legs best I could, can't figure it out. Maybe the spring assy? Need to study it more, or find someone to send it to.
Thanks for looking,
Johnny

I have had my share of challenging bikes but this Elgin Orile . Since we are going by how rusty the starting point . This was my biggest undertaking .

Last edited:
Lets keep this going... Here is one of mine. I saved everything on this one. Snapped 2 bolts on the chainguard but that's about it. Serviced, new tires and tubes and added a light. This isn't the worst but I don't have an after photo for that one yet.

Last edited:
Back