When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another blue '51 Straight bar, kinda

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I picked up this sweet straight bar from @Glenn Rhein thinking I was getting another blue bike like the one with a tank I got from him recently. I figured the ashy rattle can blue was to cover an original blue bike. Nope, a nice red one. It will take some time and clearly the rattle canner did some prep as it is down to bare metal in a few spots. Either way the blue and sliver need to go. It rides quite well on a killer set of S-2s that will clean up nicely and some LHR Special Balloon tires, it stops nice and easy. I have some parts on the way for it but it does not stop the peddling and smiling.

IMG_0299 (1).jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0310 (2).jpg

IMG_0309 (2).jpg

IMG_0311 (1).jpg

Last edited:
About as clean as I'm going to get it. Rides much nicer without that spray bomb paint haha. I unearthed a BFG emblem on the guard. This deep maroon is a great color sorry to kill the look with those awesome tires they are what I had. I did not have a BFG badge so Schwinn it is. The tank is rough and needs some more work but it is there and it is what it is... a straightbar tank!

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0351 (1).jpg

IMG_0355 (1).jpg

Last edited:
About as clean as I'm going to get it. Rides much nicer without that spray bomb paint haha. I unearthed a BFG emblem on the guard. This deep maroon is a great color sorry to kill the look with those awesome tires they are what I had. I did not have a BFG badge so Schwinn it is. The tank is rough and needs some more work but it is there and it is what it is... a straightbar tank!

View attachment 1702439

View attachment 1702440

View attachment 1702441

View attachment 1702442

View attachment 1702443

View attachment 1702444

View attachment 1702445

View attachment 1702447
Seeing it in these larger pictures, it came out really great! Ide rather have really bad original paint over a repaint any day of the week.

I picked up this sweet straight bar from @Glenn Rhein thinking I was getting another blue bike like the one with a tank I got from him recently. I figured the ashy rattle can blue was to cover an original blue bike. Nope, a nice red one. It will take some time and clearly the rattle canner did some prep as it is down to bare metal in a few spots. Either way the blue and sliver need to go. It rides quite well on a killer set of S-2s that will clean up nicely and some LHR Special Balloon tires, it stops nice and easy. I have some parts on the way for it but it does not stop the peddling and smiling.

View attachment 1697414

View attachment 1697415

View attachment 1697416

View attachment 1697417

View attachment 1697422

View attachment 1697423

View attachment 1697428
You have the right frame and fender and I have the right Springer fork for you. Would be a killer addition.

Back