When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

-
I blew the picture way up and still can't read it. I think it's a 20" wheel bike. I know my derailleur is no where close to the rim edge like that one is. Also, the head badge covers most of the head tube. Nice bike.
Seats way high ?

All day I was thinking I wish I had another pic to post to keep this conversation moving....
So I had to work on this one when I got back home.

Freed up the speedometer head and took it for a spin to make sure it didn't need anything else major.

Has some very dry headset and crank bearings for sure....and a loose spoke or 2 in the front. Not bad!

Does anybody know if this 81 coaster was supposed to have the gigantor Messenger seat that's on it, or was it the more slim standard molded Messenger?? Looks like the right era seat, but odd to me for Schwinn.

Q
All day I was thinking I wish I had another pic to post to keep this conversation moving....
So I had to work on this one when I got back home.View attachment 1702991
Freed up the speedometer head and took it for a spin to make sure it didn't need anything else major.

View attachment 1702992
Has some very dry headset and crank bearings for sure....and a loose spoke or 2 in the front. Not bad!

Does anybody know if this 81 coaster was supposed to have the gigantor Messenger seat that's on it, or was it the more slim standard molded Messenger?? Looks like the right era seat, but odd to me for Schwinn.

Is that a padded slipcover over the original seat? Sure looks like one in the pic. Should have the same Mesinger that's on all the 81 Cruisers

So I had to work on this one when I got back home.View attachment 1702991

View attachment 1702992

That is not the original saddle. It was added at some point in time.

Looks like a 20" to me.
I'm trying to read what it says on the chain guard in the middle...?
Right? But there’s a motorcycle next to it ?
I blew the picture way up and still can't read it. I think it's a 20" wheel bike. I know my derailleur is no where close to the rim edge like that one is. Also, the head badge covers most of the head tube. Nice bike.
That is a 20 inch bike you can tell by the distance between the top and cantilever bars at the head tube.

Nice !! Is it a 26” ? Looks small in the pic ?
The middle of the chain guard says “mini mini” klunker 5, he also made a matching 24” that says “mini” klunker 5 and he just redid his 26” klunker 5 so they all match.

Back