When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member Intro and a 1942? Snyder Built Black Beauty Ballooner

-
how tall are you? the guy I bought this from was like 6' 3"...

how tall are you? the guy I bought this from was like 6' 3"...

View attachment 1705831

I'm 6'1". This is what I had to do to make a Typhoon fit me, baby ape hangers and a booger welded layback seatpost. That was a fun bike!

Even if I flipped the Lucky 7 post around, it wouldn't be long enough for me to have any decent leg extension.

There's a good chance this bike will end up hanging on my wall, anyway.

Does anybody have any recommendation for what might have been an original style grip for this bike? I was thinking Coke bottle grips, but I am sure there are other styles that might work, but I am just not knowledgeable on where to go to find these other than classifieds here or ebay. Thanks!

That looks like the optional 20" frame. I had a '46 which I regret selling, but still have my '41 tall frame SamSco. Great riders for my 6'4" stature.

View attachment 1706613

View attachment 1706614

Well color me impressed by your keen eye! I assumed it was a regular size frame because it looks small compared to all my big 29er and 27.5" mountain bikes. Put a tape measure to it and, sure enough, 20 inch frame!

Those bigger frames were probably a little less common, weren't they?

Well color me impressed by your keen eye! I assumed it was a regular size frame because it looks small compared to all my big 29er and 27.5" mountain bikes. Put a tape measure to it and, sure enough, 20 inch frame!

Those bigger frames were probably a little less common, weren't they?
Not quite as common or popular, since the taller frames don't tend to have the sleek, streamlined lines of their shorter counterparts. For me it's a necessity, so I really have no choice. I collect taller framed ballooners almost exclusively.

I have some all red bf goodrich and some green ww chain tread left i have to
look to see if i have any of his ww or bw
I ordered some of Coker Tire's NOS Schwinn Typhoon Cords because they were pretty cheap, but I'd be interested in a set of chain tread black walls if you have any. Thanks!

Back