When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Survivor 57 Post Office Cycle Truck

-
Was able to buy a Ross Cycle Truck last year on ebay.
Interesting to see detail photos of yours.
1664552075725.png

how did you manage to come by it? the same friend that now has your phantom? a trade?
Came from an old bicycle shop and they are in the process of clearing out old stock and this has been locked in a box in the warehouse for decades. It was a trade, yeah. He always wanted a phantom and deep down Im a cycle truck guy so it kinda worked out.
The bike literally came right out of the warehouse and is still covered in warehouse dust.

Was able to buy a Ross Cycle Truck last year on ebay.
Interesting to see detail photos of yours.
View attachment 1704130
They are really uncommon and I have seen MAYBE 5 at this point and so far mine is the only one I have seen that is complete and original for the most part. The bars had been changed and someone added a cheap wald chainguard but I removed them both and added better bars.
The tires on it are the ones that were on it back during post office use as well.

Well i let go of one of black phantoms recently to a good friend. Im not trying to corner the market on phantoms, but mainly because i learned about this bike and had to rescue it!
This is a 57 Ross Cycle Truck made by Chain Cycle Company and owned by the Houston Post Office and has spent decades locked in the back stock of a local bicycle shop! For the most part its complete and original but the fact that it has its original sign is the seller to me.
Back fender needs some hammer/dolly work and the lowest fender brace is trashed. It has New Departure inch-pitch in the rear and Bendix model K front.
Blessed to own this beautiful bike!

Only ever seen maybe 3 others of the Ross cycle trucks.

View attachment 1703838

View attachment 1703839

View attachment 1703840

View attachment 1703841

View attachment 1703842
Man, Chris you just SCORED the first Ross cycle truck iv'e ever seen.. These are like the Roadmaster trucks that are scarce as hens teeth around here any way, really nice find.. RideOn.. Razin...

Man, Chris you just SCORED the first Ross cycle truck iv'e ever seen.. These are like the Roadmaster trucks that are scarce as hens teeth around here any way, really nice find.. RideOn.. Razin...
Much appreciated! Whats funny is when the guy finally got me the pics he thought i was gonna be disappointed cause he said it was a Schwinn and now its a Ross. I said “naw man thats even BETTER”. Haha

Had a few minutes free tonight so i decided to address the worst part of the Postal Truck. The rear fender...
It was pretty beat and stretched so i did all the dolly work i could and replaced the snapped lower fender brace.
It came out so much better than it seems in the pics. Pretty pleased!

8BC37A44-C487-4485-B162-A6D3AC4173AC.jpeg

B585C757-715E-4740-B893-609E80FC0AEB.jpeg

8867B7D7-E0AE-4874-A1C7-3B8966275AD8.jpeg

56B76BD4-89D4-41D8-B168-BEAA89C7581D.jpeg

FE8DA4BC-D576-4700-BDD8-9590A0840B88.jpeg

Had a few minutes free tonight so i decided to address the worst part of the Postal Truck. The rear fender...
It was pretty beat and stretched so i did all the dolly work i could and replaced the snapped lower fender brace.
It came out so much better than it seems in the pics. Pretty pleased!

View attachment 1705873

View attachment 1705874

View attachment 1705875

View attachment 1705876

View attachment 1705877
Looks good Chris..Much better looking now as well as much less tire rubbing too. RideOn...

Back