When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member Intro and a 1942? Snyder Built Black Beauty Ballooner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
how tall are you? the guy I bought this from was like 6' 3"...

how tall are you? the guy I bought this from was like 6' 3"...

View attachment 1705831

I'm 6'1". This is what I had to do to make a Typhoon fit me, baby ape hangers and a booger welded layback seatpost. That was a fun bike!

Even if I flipped the Lucky 7 post around, it wouldn't be long enough for me to have any decent leg extension.

There's a good chance this bike will end up hanging on my wall, anyway.

Does anybody have any recommendation for what might have been an original style grip for this bike? I was thinking Coke bottle grips, but I am sure there are other styles that might work, but I am just not knowledgeable on where to go to find these other than classifieds here or ebay. Thanks!

That looks like the optional 20" frame. I had a '46 which I regret selling, but still have my '41 tall frame SamSco. Great riders for my 6'4" stature.

View attachment 1706613

View attachment 1706614

Well color me impressed by your keen eye! I assumed it was a regular size frame because it looks small compared to all my big 29er and 27.5" mountain bikes. Put a tape measure to it and, sure enough, 20 inch frame!

Those bigger frames were probably a little less common, weren't they?

Well color me impressed by your keen eye! I assumed it was a regular size frame because it looks small compared to all my big 29er and 27.5" mountain bikes. Put a tape measure to it and, sure enough, 20 inch frame!

Those bigger frames were probably a little less common, weren't they?
Not quite as common or popular, since the taller frames don't tend to have the sleek, streamlined lines of their shorter counterparts. For me it's a necessity, so I really have no choice. I collect taller framed ballooners almost exclusively.

I have some all red bf goodrich and some green ww chain tread left i have to
look to see if i have any of his ww or bw
I ordered some of Coker Tire's NOS Schwinn Typhoon Cords because they were pretty cheap, but I'd be interested in a set of chain tread black walls if you have any. Thanks!

Back