When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Praise for Catfish......................

-

I saw this painting at a local art show last night, and it made me think of Catfish.

Every single time I see the word catfish it brings back a memory from when I was a young teen working on the farm. I had the night shift, 12 hours, irrigating the fields on the Reservation. It was dark and I was walking along the ditch with a flashlight checking all the tubes making sure they were running. I came across a few that had stopped or flowing really slow and usually it's caused by a bunch of dead weeds or field grass plugging up the tube. If there is a slow flow coming out, then I just slide my hand down the tube end that's in the ditch and pull out the obstruction. Then I came across one that really pissed me off! I slid my hand down the tube and got stabbed big time by something! It was a dead catfish that went tail first into the tube and only the head was sticking out the end of the tube. So...........every time I see the word "Catfish" this is what hits me every time. 😂

1658341459246.png

Back