When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member Intro and a 1942? Snyder Built Black Beauty Ballooner

-
View attachment 1705840

I'm 6'1". This is what I had to do to make a Typhoon fit me, baby ape hangers and a booger welded layback seatpost. That was a fun bike!

Even if I flipped the Lucky 7 post around, it wouldn't be long enough for me to have any decent leg extension.

There's a good chance this bike will end up hanging on my wall, anyway.
Do like I did and go buy some 5/8" round stock and make up a longer seat post... Easy fix... RideOn...Mark..

No, just expensive... My go to is apple cider vinegar, does the same thing and a gallon is a fraction of the price...
I like the Evaporust because it's fast (and I'm impatient) and it lasts a long time, so I can reuse the same liquid on multiple items. A gallon jug is about $25, but it lasts a really long time for me.

I like the Evaporust because it's fast (and I'm impatient) and it lasts a long time, so I can reuse the same liquid on multiple items. A gallon jug is about $25, but it lasts a really long time for me.
Wow, that's pretty cheap not as cheap as cider vinegar that iv'e had and been using for over 3 years at $4.99 a gallon .....

I kinda dig the patina, so I would have just cleaned the bike & lubed the drivetrain. All the plating is gone, so now its obvious the pedal was stripped. Just my 2c.
I wanted all of the drivetrain to be clean. Still plenty of patina left. I think it's going to look amazing when I am done.

Back