When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Neat Mens Schwinn Blue Phantom Bicycle Restored

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Took a close look at this. The chain guard is original with obvious shoe/foot wear in the usual places. I suspect it's how they got the color tints to paint it. The pin striping is excellent however, out of the norm, where typically when repainted, the darts are exaggerated, too long. Compared to other original black phantoms in the same time frame, the top bar darts on this bike are about 1/2 too 3/4" shorter than original.

Last edited:
Took a close look at this. The chain guard is original with obvious shoe/foot wear in the usual places. I suspect it's how they got the color tints to paint it. The pin striping is excellent however, out of the norm, where typically when repainted, the darts are exaggerated, too long. Compared to other original black phantoms in the same time frame, the top bar darts on this bike are about 1/2 too 3/4" shorter than original.

Check out the masked off pins on the fork dart and flaking paint.

1664160982883.png

The tank and head light cover must have been painted with lacquer. Never seen enamel curl up and flake like that.

1664161073283.png

Notice the paint chip from the tank resting on the cantilever bar. Yah, that's lacquer for sure. The fork dart was painted on a Panther springer and the "Black Phantom" decal was placed on that same Panther's guard. But they forgot to install the seat tube quality decal.

1664161454201.png

All pretty convincing that this is real, just like that repainted prewar Autocycle that bicyclebones blew apart that had a silver metallic shot over a Spitfire Blue bike. Everyone swore that was original, even after owning it.

View attachment 1701772

The tank and head light cover must have been painted with lacquer. Never seen enamel curl up and flake like that.

View attachment 1701773

Notice the paint chip from the tank resting on the cantilever bar. Yah, that's lacquer for sure. The fork dart was painted on a Panther springer and the "Black Phantom" decal was placed on that same Panther's guard. But they forgot to install the seat tube quality decal.

View attachment 1701774

All pretty convincing that this is real, just like that repainted prewar Autocycle that bicyclebones blew apart that had a silver metallic shot over a Spitfire Blue bike. Everyone swore that was original, even after owning it.

I ended up restoring that autocycle...a San Diego collector bought the painted parts from Dan.
I stripped it and yes..it was a repaint, not orig 'gun metal blue' at all.

View attachment 1701772

View attachment 1701773

View attachment 1701774

Oh, my bad, I thought this was about the other Blue P. on eBay. I'd just taken a quick stop here as was more concerned about the tracking of what became Ian, which luckily didn't tear a new hole in me butt this week, although was nasty on my Florida ski lift 😂: 28 feet above sea level. . I didn't see, know or expect there were two going on at the same time. So, on this; what-cha-ma-call-it. IDK as I didn't not look close or even see it. But now, that dart on the fork and same color elsewhere, is not the sea green or whatever color it's called, which is closer to a turquoise and not a simple light blue like a Panther. . So, never mind.

And yeah, how could I forget that Autocycle? A lot of peeps were awfully P. O.-d at me because, I called it out as a poor over spray and crappy pinstripe touch- up, on top of it too. But thanks for the reminder on how my call on that Autocycle was not fun getting hated when I was relatively new here. 😅

Gee Tom/Bot, how do you find these?

Vintage Neat Mens Schwinn Blue Phantom Bicycle Restored by Jerry Peters Sr!!!​

View attachment 1698646 21 watched in last 24 hours
Condition: UsedUsed

“Very Neat, In Great Shape For It's Age!!!!”
Price: US $3,900.00

Ships from United States
20 watchers
Pickup: Free local pickup from Punta Gorda, Florida, United States.
Shipping: US $185.00 Economy Shipping
Located in: Punta Gorda, Florida, United States
View attachment 1698637

View attachment 1698638

View attachment 1698639

View attachment 1698640

View attachment 1698641

View attachment 1698642

View attachment 1698643

View attachment 1698644

View attachment 1698645
Really Neat, Vintage Schwinn Blue Phantom, Amazing Shape, Restored by Perhaps the Best in the Business, Jerry Peters Sr. from Chestnut Hollow Bicycles, Romeo Michigan, I Hope perhaps that his son had his hands on it too, we've had this for a long time just about 40 Years, and it rides Great. I Believe It's serial number is G87510 . This Bike is Really An Awesome Neat Piece, Time to let someone else enjoy it now, We would prefer Local Pickup, Almost everyone knows someone going to or from Florida, Maybe I can meet them somewhere for you. If I was to Ship I would prefer Bike Flight or UPS, I put 5 Day's Handling Time To Do A Good Job Boxing It And To Take it To the Terminal, I Think $185.00 should cover shipping to the Lower 48, Sorry No Canada Shipping, From a retired Bike Dealer. We Have other Corvette project Bikes Both Mens and Ladies, Like Schwinn Phantom, Schwinn Jaguar, Schwinn Panther Have Fun and Thanks For Looking :)

Seller information​

horsepwr2rmg (756)
100% Positive feedback
I saw your ad from months ago and thought I would ask, “did you sell the restored Phantom?” Also do you have any bikes for sale now? Any jaguars? Tks. Ron lawson. Text 864 706 8631 or e mail [email protected]

Back