When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your High Sierra or Sierra - all years welcome

-
Here is my other '84 Sierra, with a 21" frame, on the NYC Greenway trail on Staten Island. The only original parts are the headset and seatpost quick release. I purchased the frameset from Jeff Archer at First Flight Bikes and built it up as follows:
  • Araya RM-20's on Suzue high flange sealed bearing hubs, 6 speed cluster, Kenda Kwest 1.5 tires. These hubs spin forever
  • Sugino AT triple, generic platform pedals
  • Suntour VX rear / AG Tech front mated to Suntour Power thumbies
  • Dia Compe 988? brakes mated to Shimano AT-50 levers
  • Strong alloy seatpost, WTB saddle, Blackburn rack
  • SR MTS-110 stem w/ Specialized X-1 aluminum riser bars

This bike has logged thousands of miles, from rail trails to the mean streets of NYC.

20221008_153513.jpg

Here is my other '84 Sierra, with a 21" frame, on the NYC Greenway trail on Staten Island. The only original parts are the headset and seatpost quick release. I purchased the frameset from Jeff Archer at First Flight Bikes and built it up as follows:
  • Araya RM-20's on Suzue high flange sealed bearing hubs, 6 speed cluster, Kenda Kwest 1.5 tires. These hubs spin forever
  • Sugino AT triple, generic platform pedals
  • Suntour VX rear / AG Tech front mated to Suntour Power thumbies
  • Dia Compe 988? brakes mated to Shimano AT-50 levers
  • Strong alloy seatpost, WTB saddle, Blackburn rack
  • SR MTS-110 stem w/ Specialized X-1 aluminum riser bars

This bike has logged thousands of miles, from rail trails to the mean streets of NYC.

View attachment 1715115
Thanks for sharing your bike!

Road side trash rescue.
My son rode this on the Katy Trail in Mo with the original tires, but for safety reasons I did swap out tires afterwards.
Quickly looked for a serial number this morning, will endeavor to determine date.
Tim

1666112843470.png

Back